By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best game Storyline

Golden Sun

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

I know someone was going to mention Final Fantasy VII. I would have to say that there are better storylines in the Final Fantasy series, specifically referring to Final Fantasy VI and VIII. Final Fantasy VII is a very good game, but is overrated due to being the first 3d game. Final Fantasy VII was a better game, and it seems that most FF fans share that opinion.

A good storyline does not necessarily mean a good game. Bioshock is an example of a game with a good storyline that does not get in the way of the game. However, if you are looking for a game that has the best storyline, I would have to agree that the MGS series is one of the top contenders.

I forgot to mention Mario Party (any of them). Absolutely shits on MGS.

Orcarina of Time.

I saw Fable 2 mentioned earlier. I think it is only a contender where the player has completed all the side-quests.

Mass Effect has got to be the best ever story from a WRPG.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

MGS series and MGS4 in partricular - a freacking monumental storyline. And not only the story is mind blowing but the storytelling as well, it is "theater vs film vs manga" and you'll never see anything like it ever again.

"You have the right to the remains of a silent attorney"

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Orcarina of Time.

I saw Fable 2 mentioned earlier. I think it is only a contender where the player has completed all the side-quests.

And I think you have to had played the first Fable, there were several little things that seemed like inside jokes to me, and I'm on the outside...

Bullet100000 said:
MGS or FF

MGS & FF.

Munkeh111 said:
starcraft said:
Orcarina of Time.

And I think you have to had played the first Fable, there were several little things that seemed like inside jokes to me, and I'm on the outside...

Perhaps.  There was definitely a lot of Fable-follow on.

SPOILERS.

The Lady Grey, Twinblade and Oakfield storylines were all directly following on from Fable.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
Munkeh111 said:
starcraft said:
Orcarina of Time.

Perhaps.  There was definitely a lot of Fable-follow on.

SPOILERS.

The Lady Grey, Twinblade and Oakfield storylines were all directly following on from Fable.

There were also quite a lot of smaller things, like SPOILER in Rose's letter it says something about an old man or something, and several other cases where they refer to history, I assume that is something to do with 1

If Xbox games had achievements I might consider getting Fable and KOTOR next summer, I really want to play both

Kingdom hearts.