By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's gonna dominate 2009 just like they did this year

ZenfoldorVGI said:
darthdevidem01 said:
We are talking about games quality obviously...

I agree this year Ps3 dominated....all the best games are on it this year (except for Fable 2).

Next year I hope will be the same

I disagree, I feel the vast majority of good games were multiplats, and the PS3 managed to beat the 360 by perhaps 1 exclusive title. There is no obvious winner, and anyone who claims there is, is biased.

Lets go into numbers here.

PS3 has potentially 3 AAA exclusives this year...(LBP, MGS4......RES2 -- maybe)

360 -- (Gears Of War 2........Fable 2 -- maybe)

then we have other games such as.......Motorstorm 2, Naruto UNS, Valkyria chronicles, Disgaea 3.......anda few more I have probably forgotten

360 doesn't have this much of a range of great titles this year.....no-one said it had a bad lineup (thats the wii)....it has a brilliant one

but the PS3 edged it out this year fair & square....imho

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
The Wii doesn't have a bad lineup...

In comparison to HD THIS year/holiday consoles it does.....

In comparison to previous consoles (Gamecube, Xbox 1, Ps3 - 06) it doesn't

The 360 lineup was more of the same, Gears 2 and fable 2??? another shooter and another RPG on the 360

PandaexpressPanda said:
The 360 lineup was more of the same, Gears 2 and fable 2??? another shooter and another RPG on the 360

Add Banjo to that and you got 3 genres right there

darthdevidem01 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
darthdevidem01 said:

I agree this year Ps3 dominated....all the best games are on it this year (except for Fable 2).

I disagree, I feel the vast majority of good games were multiplats, and the PS3 managed to beat the 360 by perhaps 1 exclusive title. There is no obvious winner, and anyone who claims there is, is biased.

then we have other games such as.......Motorstorm 2, Naruto UNS, Valkyria chronicles, Disgaea 3.......anda few more I have probably forgotten

360 doesn't have this much of a range of great titles this year.....no-one said it had a bad lineup (thats the wii)....it has a brilliant one

Ok, a few things, and let me say up front, you have some huge mis-assumptions in your post.

1. You've listed several secondary titles for the PS3, but none for the 360, like Lost Odyssey, or Tales of Vesperia, or The Last Remnant, or Braid, or Castle Crashers, or Ninja Gaiden 2, or Banjo, or the billion other 360 exclusives that came out this year.

2. You said in your first post: I agree this year Ps3 dominated when in your second post, you said the PS3 edged out the 360. While I might agree with the "edging out"(or I might not) I certainly recognize the difference between domination and "edging out a victory."

3. Ok, so exclusive games make up a maximum of 10 percent of all PS360 games. Probably less. If that holds true, the consoles are already within 10% points of each other, when it comes to their game library rating per year. You can't dominate with less than a 10 percentage point difference. Especially when several more games are better on 360, due to DLC, and other things.

I mean, you know, lol. Come on, nobody dominated anything, and a clear winner is debatable, before all the reviews are in, especially. You know it's true.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
PandaexpressPanda said:

That generalization is incorrect on many levels. See my previous post.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Passenger57 said:
PandaexpressPanda said:

Add Banjo to that and you got 3 genres right there

i dont count bargain games, that obviously shows the game isn't worth a $60 price tag :)

Well this thread is spiraling out of control...

@rol: Tomb Raider and Sonic? lulz

It always next year will be the year of the ps3, but it never happens.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

ZenfoldorVGI said:
darthdevidem01 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Ok, a few things, and let me say up front, you have some huge mis-assumptions in your post.

1. You've listed several secondary titles for the PS3, but none for the 360, like Lost Odyssey, or Tales of Vesperia, or The Last Remnant, or Braid, or Castle Crashers, or Ninja Gaiden 2, or Banjo, or the billion other 360 exclusives that came out this year.

2. You said in your first post: I agree this year Ps3 dominated when in your second post, you said the PS3 edged out the 360. While I might agree with the "edging out"(or I might not) I certainly recognize the difference between domination and "edging out a victory."

3. Ok, so exclusive games make up a maximum of 10 percent of all PS360 games. Probably less. If that holds true, the consoles are already within 10% points of each other, when it comes to their game library rating per year. You can't dominate with less than a 10 percentage point difference. Especially when several more games are better on 360, due to DLC, and other things.

I mean, you know, lol. Come on, nobody dominated anything, and a clear winner is debatable, before all the reviews are in, especially. You know it's true.

Your Jedi Mind Tricks won't work here zen....mwahahahahahaha

Nowadays the meaning of domination has changed to edging.....that is what I meant.

I agree 360 has good secondary title....I was just saying PS3 had more in volume....just remembered Pixel Junk Eden n wipeout HD