By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's gonna dominate 2009 just like they did this year

darthdevidem01 said:
makingmusic476 said:
I think it's funny that Heavenly Sword and Ratchet & Clank's first week sales in NA almost double Uncharted's.

you do remember uncharteds problem don't you

Gamestop broke the street date.....ttahst why sales were so low in week 1

ala LBP

Did not know this.  I thought it just had a weak first week, and then sales picked up because of the holidays + word of mouth.

And people check out my thread.  :(

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
makingmusic476 said:
I think it's funny that Heavenly Sword and Ratchet & Clank's first week sales in NA almost double Uncharted's.

ala LBP

Did not know this. I thought it just had a weak first week, and then sales picked up because of the holidays + word of mouth.

And people check out my thread. :(

I did, stop crying lol jk

KBG29 said:
I can agree from a gamers side. After the Little Big bomb in Japan I am not very confedent that PS3 can ever win in the eye of the general public. If this world made sense, and PS3 got a price drop to $299, we could be looking at sales increasing of about 90% next year. If that was the case I would expect the PS3 to give the Wii a good run for its money. As a said though. Based on current events I can see the PS3 sales droping with a $100 price cut and the release of GT5, FFXIII, and God of War III.

I can just be happy that I will get to play all of the amazing PS3/360 exclusives next year. If the masses want Wooooooooooo, Boooooooooo games on the Wii then so be it. Mabye thats Nintendo has found the holy grail. Wii games are like alchol, pay a lot for a small amount, it is great in the moment, but after an hour or two you wish you hadn't.

Typical Sony fanboy. And I am glad I did buy a Wii and all the games on it that i have.

makingmusic476 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
makingmusic476 said:

ala LBP

Did not know this. I thought it just had a weak first week, and then sales picked up because of the holidays + word of mouth.

OMG you didn't know that.

Well it was as bad as the LBP debacle.

uncharted was hyped a lot....then it got delayed by a week for some weird supply reason

but Gamestop decided to break the street date by a week....thats all the gamstops in the country....then the week after Gamestop was out of stock....on the other hand all other stores then sold uncharted....

In week 3 gamestop was back in stock.....

It was a confusing first few weeks....thats why as you can see on its sales page the sales went up n down up n down.

_________

STRIKINLGY similar to LBP....except LBP is in a much worse postition as only "some" gamestops sold copies of it....yet it did 164K.....if you do comparisons....this can actually be used to indicate LBP has the potential to be a MUCH bigger success than uncharted.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

What Sony dominate? Leave that to the Wii! Also, based on the LAST TWO MONTHS, it seems almost impossible for PS3 to win. Sure, AAA games like Little Big Planet, Resistance 2, Valkeryia Chronicles, Kilzone 2, Grand Turismo 5, White Knight Chronociles, God of War 3, and MAG are coming out this fall/next year, but with a console price that is too high it will do no good. If you go back t o the LAST TWO MONTHS, you can see 360 barely squeking out a win against the PS3. Since its impossible for the PS3 to drop in price and its impossible that demand for Blu Ray will go up, there is no way PS3 can do well next year. Especailly with all the flood of quality Wii games like Pikmin 3, Game Party 3, Carnival Games 3, Mario Party 9, Wii Sports Resort, Wii TV, No More Heroes 2, EA Playground: Taking Back The Schoolyard, Mad World, and Ninja Breadmen 2: Fall of the Pirates.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
makingmusic476 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
makingmusic476 said:

ala LBP

uncharted was hyped a lot....then it got delayed by a week for some weird supply reason

but Gamestop decided to break the street date by a week....thats all the gamstops in the country....then the week after Gamestop was out of stock....on the other hand all other stores then sold uncharted....

It was a confusing first few weeks....thats why as you can see on its sales page the sales went up n down up n down.

_________

STRIKINLGY similar to LBP....except LBP is in a much worse postition as only "some" gamestops sold copies of it....yet it did 164K.....if you do comparisons....this can actually be used to indicate LBP has the potential to be a MUCH bigger success than uncharted.

Indeed. Next time somebody mentions LBP flopping, just show them Uncharted, lol.

Imthelegend said:
KBG29 said:
I can agree from a gamers side. After the Little Big bomb in Japan I am not very confedent that PS3 can ever win in the eye of the general public. If this world made sense, and PS3 got a price drop to $299, we could be looking at sales increasing of about 90% next year. If that was the case I would expect the PS3 to give the Wii a good run for its money. As a said though. Based on current events I can see the PS3 sales droping with a $100 price cut and the release of GT5, FFXIII, and God of War III.

I can just be happy that I will get to play all of the amazing PS3/360 exclusives next year. If the masses want Wooooooooooo, Boooooooooo games on the Wii then so be it. Mabye thats Nintendo has found the holy grail. Wii games are like alchol, pay a lot for a small amount, it is great in the moment, but after an hour or two you wish you hadn't.

Typical Sony fanboy. And I am glad I did buy a Wii and all the games on it that i have.

I agree with you, opinions are like assholes and everyone has one and they all stink. I played the Wii and personally I don't think it's for me and that's cool, my sister and ex-girlfriend love the Wii and they played my PS3 and played the 360 and it's not for them, except if it's to play Blu ray movies, and that's cool too, I think we should accept that people have different taste than ours and be respectful to each other about it.

darthdevidem01 said:
We are talking about games quality obviously...

I agree this year Ps3 dominated....all the best games are on it this year (except for Fable 2).

Next year I hope will be the same

I disagree, I feel the vast majority of good games were multiplats, and the PS3 managed to beat the 360 by perhaps 1 exclusive title. There is no obvious winner, and anyone who claims there is, is biased, and attempting to base a "domination" on about 2 games, out of 1000.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

makingmusic476 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
makingmusic476 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
makingmusic476 said:

ala LBP

_________

Indeed. Next time somebody mentions LBP flopping, just show them Uncharted, lol.

oh I did give it as an example in a few doom & gloom LBP threads...but it was conveniently ignored

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

FilaBrasileiro said:
Imthelegend said:
KBG29 said:

I agree with you, opinions are like assholes and everyone has one and they all stink. I played the Wii and personally I don't think it's for me and that's cool, my sister and ex-girlfriend love the Wii and they played my PS3 and played the 360 and it's not for them, except if it's to play Blu ray movies, and that's cool too, I think we should accept that people have different taste than ours and be respectful to each other about it.

I agree with the both of you's. I feel the 360's library has always been superior and have never seen the value in Blu-Ray etc but thats just my own opinion, and no one would be able to convince me any diff just like anyone else. I say just enjoy your system/s and opinions and respect the opinion of others.