By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Resistance 2 Review Thread!

Lucky bastard!

I wasn't really impressed with Resistance: Fall of Man, but unlike you, after playing the beta, it changed my mind, and it is one of my most anticipated game for this holiday.

I am happy that you enjoy the game, but it seems that you couldn't stop talking about Killzone 2 even for the R2 impression post. :)

I have doubts for Killzone 2's success, the game is great, but there is something wrong with it...A bit like Alone in the Dark, great game but...

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:

Holy shit this game is FAR better than I expected it to be! The graphics are MUCH better than I thought they'd be, and it's been a blast to play so far.

The game looks just like this trailer:

The part at 0:58 with the ships flying above San Fransisco? I was just playing that level! With 30-40 NPCs running around with me at any given point in time! It was so cool moving about the level, and looking at the ships slowly moving overhead from different angles. The texture work in this game is also surprisingly good.  Considering how large the scale of the game is, it's particularly impressive.  The textures Uncharted-like at times!  It makes me wonder how good the textures will be in the final build of Killzone 2.  ^_^

My only complaint is that your weapons seem to have no recoil whatsoever.

Oh beta, why did you make me doubt. The 9.5 from IGN is right on the mark, from what I've played so far.

You lucky person you! :(

Fight any bosses yet? That's what I'm really looking forward to.

PS3 Trophies

Zones said:
Lucky bastard!

I wasn't really impressed with Resistance: Fall of Man, but unlike you, after playing the beta, it changed my mind, and it is one of my most anticipated game for this holiday.

I am happy that you enjoy the game, but it seems that you couldn't stop talking about Killzone 2 even for the R2 impression post. :)

I have doubts for Killzone 2's success, the game is great, but there is something wrong with it...A bit like Alone in the Dark, great game but...

Did you just compare K2 to alone in the dark???......are you.....serious....

I haven't played the beta but just from videos I can tell you that it is shaping up to be one of the most well polished games ever. Do you know why Alone in the Dark sucked? Lack of polish. Ok, the game might not be for you, but seriously, think about that for a moment.

PS3 Trophies

Solid_Raiden said:
Squilliam said:
makingmusic476 said:
Just got my CE. There are three starting difficulties in the game:

Casual
Normal
Difficult

First one made me seriously LOL.

Considering your performance in KZ2, are you sure there isn't an easier setting? Can you turn up the auto aim or something dude? I think you'll need it!

How in the hell did you guys get in the KZ2 beta?! I never heard anything about it. :(

We have our ways.......

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I'm enjoying this game much better than RFOM. I can't really explain why, though. It's just more fun. Maybe it's tighter controls, maybe it's better pacing, I dunno.

I Kind've fought one boss. I fired a couple of shots from crazy weapon at the Kraken. Not sure what the weapon does. It just kind've shoots this part sonic, part energy blast in a general direction. You see the air moving around it and stuff.

@zones: Wait until you play Killzone. :P

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Solid_Raiden said:
Squilliam said:
makingmusic476 said:
Just got my CE. There are three starting difficulties in the game:

Casual
Normal
Difficult

First one made me seriously LOL.

Considering your performance in KZ2, are you sure there isn't an easier setting? Can you turn up the auto aim or something dude? I think you'll need it!

How in the hell did you guys get in the KZ2 beta?! I never heard anything about it. :(

We have our ways.......

:D

Solid_Raiden said:
Zones said:
Lucky bastard!

Did you just compare K2 to alone in the dark???......are you.....serious....

I haven't played the beta but just from videos I can tell you that it is shaping up to be one of the most well polished games ever. Do you know why Alone in the Dark sucked? Lack of polish. Ok, the game might not be for you, but seriously, think about that for a moment.

Calm down dude, Killzone 2 is one of my most anticipated game, and it's a day one purchase for me regardless of whatever happens to it. What I am saying is, the game is great, the game is polished, but the direction of the game is not completley right, it could be better, but we have only seen two levels, so I hope I am wrong. I am only referring to Single Player here, I think the MP is good enough, but I unlike some lucky ******** I don't have the beta, so I don't know. :P

By the way, I am in no way comparing Alone in the Dark to Killzone 2, I am just saying that Alone in the Dark was a great game but it suffered due to lack of few simple issues that could've make the game way better in the eye of the reviewrs.

I didn't want to go into detail here, becasue I guess this thread is not right for this arguement.

Breaking news fellas, Gamespot has a vid up of them playing some single player but in the begining of the video the guy mentions that the other guy is REVIEWING the game for Gamespot, and the reviewer says that "I've played through the game and enjoyed it and am looking forward to playing it again" this is a very good sign for a good score from GS. Here is link to vid

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/resistance2/video/6200460/resistance-2-marathon--10-31-08?om_act=convert&om_clk=videos&tag=videos;title;1

I hope for a 9.0 then, hope it is higher though.

By the way, do you guys also think that the .5 point system from GameSpot is terrible? I liked IGN and GameSpot reviews becasue they were not like these pointless star or A/B/C raitings, they were plain and simple, and had a much better way to show the identity of the games. Like, you might say a 9 is too much for some games and an 8.8 is great, but 8.5 is low, so you'd be stuck in your decision, and that is why the raiting system from Eurogamer, 1UP, GameSpot..etc sucks in my opinion.

If I read any review, it would be from IGN, and the Video Reviews from GameTrailers are good, but too bad the whole site is ran by one person (Shane Saterfield).

Those guys couldn't play very well according to some of the posters there. Couldn't figure out how to do beserks or what meter was there life and which was there beserk meter and stupid things like that. lol

PS3 Trophies