By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - DFC Intelligence predicts PS3 to take 40-50% of current gen hardware sales

twingo said:
Kasz216 said:
NiKKoM said:
Ehm... isn't the bigger prediction that they expect that the PS3 will never break even?? So that it will never make any profit for Sony? Which is bad.. if true..

That's not much of a prediction.

It's already lost more then the PS2 made.

The PS3 isn't going to the PS2... and it isn't going to be better then the PS2...

So why would you expect them to break even or make a profit with the PS3?

It already is better then PS2, its online and PSn make it better.

As a gaming machine, its just better in just about every way.

Only the versions that play PS2 games as of yet. (Like mine.)

The non BC PS3's still lack severly in the most important factor in my opinion.

Still the implication was clear.

Around the Network
Legend11 said:

I'm a little surprised that their prediction is that high considering the PS2 got 67% during the peak of the PS2 era.  I also wonder how they came up with that number.  If we assume the Wii gets 50% that leaves the 360 with 10% or less this generation. 

source: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/playstation-3-unlikely-to-break-even-says-dfc-intelligence

With this prediction, the guys over at DFC Intelligence don't seem that intelligent to me!

Although what they might mean by 'current-gen' is X360 and PS3... But that would be pathetically sad considering that's pure flamebait and bs!...

THE NETHERLANDS

ps3 tops at 25%, no more.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Could mean Software sales...or even Every console that has EVER been made/sold by each company... naa that's too far

Good to see this site is still going 

ps3 30% max.

Around the Network

It's all about the 10 year life cycle.

The ten year life cycle only really works if you were doing well in the first place and can sustain momentum into the future. If you are the dominant player in the market,with games consistently selling well, it can make sense to continue to develop games and keep a console alive. That just requires an already very large market base and continued developmental support. Unless the PS3 absolutely takes off in the near term, a 10 year life cycle is not going to happen.

32% Max IMO

4 ≈ One