By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN review: Valkyria Chronicles 9.0/10

LOL. This thread is like the townspeople in Fable 2. See something good and they all come running to get a piece.

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
outlawauron said:
Of course it's AAA. It's the best game to have been released this decade.

You like it better than Skies?

Not sure yet. Got to play it first. This is mostly a joke that only the people who frequent the official Valkyria Chronicles thread would get.

But yes, from everything I've seen and played, I think it'll land number 2 on my list of best games of all time.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I just went over to IGN and read the review on this game. And to be honest I am not a fan of SRPG at all. I could not get into Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions for the PSP. I got frustrated and took that game back. Now after seeing how this game operates and its gameplay features. It looks more user-friendly then any SRPG I saw yet.

Before I confirm I want to buy it, I think I should play a demo of the game first.

I just watched the video review. The gameplay looks awesome, but that art style is not for me. Looks like a nice game though.

ecurbz said:
I just went over to IGN and read the review on this game. And to be honest I am not a fan of SRPG at all. I could not get into Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions for the PSP. I got frustrated and took that game back. Now after seeing how this game operates and its gameplay features. It looks more user-friendly then any SRPG I saw yet.

Before I confirm I want to buy it, I think I should play a demo of the game first.

I know! It's brilliant! Check out my thread for the link.

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
makingmusic476 said:
Wow. I didn't expect either R2 or VC to score as high as they did at IGN. This is awesome.

@onyxmeth: The smarter of us started paying these games off long ago. :P

The smarter of us knows Onyxmeth doesn't own a PS3. Double :p

You should fix that problem!

outlawauron said:
ecurbz said:

Do you think I will enjoy this game? I mean I'm not into SRPG? Do you think this is a good game for a newcomer to the genre?

ecurbz said:
outlawauron said:
ecurbz said:

Do you think I will enjoy this game? I mean I'm not into SRPG? Do you think this is a good game for a newcomer to the genre?

Yes. It is very accessible with the gameplay. Most SRPGs have a very high difficulty curve, this seems to be more forgiving.

Read through the thread in my signature!

IGN gets to decide what titles get AAA now?

outlawauron said:
Onyxmeth said:
makingmusic476 said:
Wow. I didn't expect either R2 or VC to score as high as they did at IGN. This is awesome.

@onyxmeth: The smarter of us started paying these games off long ago. :P

The smarter of us knows Onyxmeth doesn't own a PS3. Double :p

You should fix that problem!

I'm hoping to by X-Mas time. Wish me a good money earning season.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.