By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN review: Valkyria Chronicles 9.0/10

Onyxmeth said:
outlawauron said:
Onyxmeth said:
makingmusic476 said:
Wow. I didn't expect either R2 or VC to score as high as they did at IGN. This is awesome.

@onyxmeth: The smarter of us started paying these games off long ago. :P

The smarter of us knows Onyxmeth doesn't own a PS3. Double :p

You should fix that problem!

I'm hoping to by X-Mas time. Wish me a good money earning season.

And to me as well!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
Wow. I didn't expect either R2 or VC to score as high as they did at IGN. This is awesome.

@onyxmeth: The smarter of us started paying these games off long ago. :P

@Bolded Text.

I Agree 100%, PS3 is getting triple AAA exclusives back to back now an days, i can officaly admit which imo i've been putting it off way to long now.

2008 = The Year of the PlayStation 3, no doubts. Its good to see Sony "Trying" to live up to the legend that is the PS2.

Lets just hope Sony keeps up its support for black and chrome beast, now i REALLY wanna see what Whtie Knight will turn out to be.

Mirson said:
NYANKS said:
Yeah, this game is amazing if the demo is any indication (and it is). I respect IGN more than just about anyone, so this plus the demo pretty much sells me on the game. Res 2, LBP and Valkyria Chronicles - and I might pick up Eternal Sonata - good times in PS3Land.

Valkyria Chronicles is another top notch quality game that can only be found on PLAYSTATION®3. This holiday season is a great time for PS3 owners due to the plethora of titles that will be readily available by this holiday season. 2008 has truly been a year where PLAYSTATION®3 has hit it's stride in becoming the premiere platform for all gamers of all ages and genders.

This all confirms that PLAYSTATION®3 is the console to own this holiday season. Only PLAYSTATION®3 gives Sega the platform they need to fully realize their creative visions, with the most technically advanced console on the planet with many award winning features.

SHHH!

Don't say anything positive about the PS3's future!

You'll get shot down like a Zero over Midway

On topic, EU gets this before NA!

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Spankey said:
Mirson said:
NYANKS said:
Yeah, this game is amazing if the demo is any indication (and it is). I respect IGN more than just about anyone, so this plus the demo pretty much sells me on the game. Res 2, LBP and Valkyria Chronicles - and I might pick up Eternal Sonata - good times in PS3Land.

Valkyria Chronicles is another top notch quality game that can only be found on PLAYSTATION®3. This holiday season is a great time for PS3 owners due to the plethora of titles that will be readily available by this holiday season. 2008 has truly been a year where PLAYSTATION®3 has hit it's stride in becoming the premiere platform for all gamers of all ages and genders.

This all confirms that PLAYSTATION®3 is the console to own this holiday season. Only PLAYSTATION®3 gives Sega the platform they need to fully realize their creative visions, with the most technically advanced console on the planet with many award winning features.

SHHH!

EU gets a sJRPG before USA/Japan? What sort of Blasphemy is this?!

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Spankey said:
Mirson said:
NYANKS said:

SHHH!

The best sort, obviously!

take that, NA!

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network
Spankey said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Spankey said:
Mirson said:
NYANKS said:

SHHH!

take that, NA!

Question, is it because VC has a EU backround or what? O_o

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Spankey said:

take that, NA!

don't know...

Maybe due to still having voice actors in Japanese and only having to translate with subtitles and menu...

But that doesn't make sense because only one language translation has to be done in NA

Perhaps they're realising that EU is or is becoming a gaming cash cow for PS3?

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Spankey said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Spankey said:

take that, NA!

don't know...

Maybe due to still having voice actors in Japanese and only having to translate with subtitles and menu...

But that doesn't make sense because only one language translation has to be done in NA

Well, if thats the case i hope thats true! aslong as we get it to and VC Stays exclusive to the PS3 (which it is lulz!) then im happy all around, hope you lucky basteds enjoy it first! :P

What are the dates btw? for NA/EU/JP?

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Spankey said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Spankey said:

take that, NA!

don't know...

Well, if thats the case i hope thats true! aslong as we get it to and VC Stays exclusive to the PS3 (which it is lulz!) then im happy all around, hope you lucky basteds enjoy it first! :P

lol thanks, will do!

Release dates:

EU: 31 October

NA: 4 November

Japan: 24 April 2008

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Spankey said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Spankey said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Spankey said:

take that, NA!

don't know...

lol thanks, will do!

Release dates:

EU: 31 October

NA: 4 November

Japan: 24 April 2008

Ah, so it came out in japan already...yikes... so... were last?! *crys* wait a min...why arent more PS3's sold in japan then?! O_o