By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony on DLC: 'Nothing is ever exclusive'

i came in and after reading was ready to reply and then i got hijacked by slipperymoosecakes boobs

Around the Network

sony didn't have to buy exclusives in the ps2 days and, whether it's true or not, phil harrison said sony doesn't buy exclusives period. except now that new guy, kaz, said that buying exclusives wasn't out of the question...

mgs4 'probably' won't be multiplatform because it's up to konami, not microsoft.

i'm not against MS buying exclusives as long as it will see the light of day on other platforms. DLC isn't that big of a draw for me... unless it's free.

That's a real smart man, why pay millions just to get a game that's exclusive for another console, when you can spend that money to make great first party games.

Gilgamesh said:

That's a real smart man, why pay millions just to get a game that's exclusive for another console, when you can spend that money to make great first party games.

Yeh MS deffinitly pwnd themself in that sector.

Exclusive DLC can be huge but we just havent seen it properly executed by anyone yet.

Around the Network

Exclusive content from any but a first- or second-party developer (ie. they only develop for a very specific brand of product) smacks of arrogance to me. By giving preferential treatment to one game system over another with a multi-platform release implies that the one getting special favors is the one that actually matters to you. And when there's different exclusive content for each version of a multi-platform release, it gives the impression that the developers want you to buy all of the versions, also a very arrogant position.

But blatantly bought time-sensitive exclusive content... Well, that goes beyond arrogance and dives into the realm of shameless corruption...

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Sky Render said:
Exclusive content from any but a first- or second-party developer (ie. they only develop for a very specific brand of product) smacks of arrogance to me. By giving preferential treatment to one game system over another with a multi-platform release implies that the one getting special favors is the one that actually matters to you. And when there's different exclusive content for each version of a multi-platform release, it gives the impression that the developers want you to buy all of the versions, also a very arrogant position.

But blatantly bought time-sensitive exclusive content... Well, that goes beyond arrogance and dives into the realm of shameless corruption...

hey who wouldn't be corrupt for 50 mln?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I don't believe in 3rd party 7th Gen exclusives. I won't believe a 3rd party game is exclusive until 2 years after it's released and has yet to appear on another console. This gen there is only:

1st Party
2nd Party
Metal Gear Solid 4

4 ≈ One

Spiteful49 said:
Exclusive DLC can be huge but we just havent seen it properly executed by anyone yet.

Never gona happen, most dont even finish their games.  I didnt finish GTA4 and i could not care less for any dlc.

Id much rather download new games of PSN then pay for some extra GTA missions.

I bet MS wish they still had that 50 mil right about now, what a waste. T2 should make GTA5 exclusive to the PS3 and have MS pay 100 mil just to get it on the 360 and charge extra for DLC. The dumbest idea ever is to pay for 3rd party exclusive games because the parctice can easily be abused by the devs.