By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony on DLC: 'Nothing is ever exclusive'

DMeisterJ said:
starcraft said:
I prefer it when companies fund development of great games that otherwise might not exist.

Like Infinite Undiscovery, or Alan Wake.

Or hell, shelling out $50 million dollars so a bankrupt company can afford to make it's one blockbuster title.

Or LBP.

Shelling out 50 mil so that a company that has a horrible practice of only having one Huge game, and helping them make that huge game instead of them learning how to expand their horizons is pretty crappy. 

T2 should learn how to expand it's horizons rather than rely on one game to get them through the tough times.

Like little big planet took much money.  It probably cost less to make then most Wii games.

Seriously.

Well not most... but most good ones anyway.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
DMeisterJ said:
starcraft said:
I prefer it when companies fund development of great games that otherwise might not exist.

Or hell, shelling out $50 million dollars so a bankrupt company can afford to make it's one blockbuster title.

Or LBP.

Shelling out 50 mil so that a company that has a horrible practice of only having one Huge game, and helping them make that huge game instead of them learning how to expand their horizons is pretty crappy. 

T2 should learn how to expand it's horizons rather than rely on one game to get them through the tough times.

Like little big planet took much money.  It probably cost less to make then most Wii games.

Seriously.

Well, I don't think it took much, but it's nice that instead of buying exclusives, they're cultivating their own, that will never go multi-plat. 

Better than banking on GTA IV.

DMeisterJ said:
Kasz216 said:
DMeisterJ said:
starcraft said:

Or LBP.

Seriously.

Well, I don't think it took much, but it's nice that instead of buying exclusives, they're cultivating their own, that will never go multi-plat. 

Yeah, i guess.  I don't know.  I think LBP would of got picked up by a lot of people.

I mean correct me if i'm wrong but Sony bought Media Molecule AFTER seeing LBP as an idea.

So really they didn't fund a new idea of game so much as found a better way to buy exclusivity.

Seems like a nitpicky argument to me... vs games developed by actual in studio dev teams.

Kasz216 said:
DMeisterJ said:
Kasz216 said:
DMeisterJ said:
starcraft said:

Or LBP.

Seriously.

Yeah, i guess.  I don't know.  I think LBP would of got picked up by a lot of people.

I mean correct me if i'm wrong but Sony bought Media Molecule AFTER seeing LBP as an idea.

So really they didn't fund a new idea of game so much as found a better way to buy exclusivity.

Seems like a nitpicky argument to me... vs games developed by actual in studio dev teams.

Sony didn't buy Media Molecule... yet.

DMeisterJ said:
Kasz216 said:
DMeisterJ said:
Kasz216 said:
DMeisterJ said:
starcraft said:

Or LBP.

Seriously.

Sony didn't buy Media Molecule... yet.

They should get on that then... it's only like 24 guys.

Though this makes even less difference.

Since LBP is really no different then a lot of the 360 "exclusives" out there... and DLC isn't really different then anything else.

Guess this gets rid of the "Sony still has the rights to FF7" arguement though.  Not that it'd be coming out on anything but PSN this generation anyway.