By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony on DLC: 'Nothing is ever exclusive'

I prefer it when companies fund development of great games that otherwise might not exist.

Like Infinite Undiscovery, or Alan Wake.

Or hell, shelling out $50 million dollars so a bankrupt company can afford to make it's one blockbuster title.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

So Bioshock DLC is not exclusive for PS3? Guess I'm getting the 360 version.

Amen.

I totally agree.

Nothing is ever "exclusive" it can become multi-platform or it may never be multi-platform. It really depends on the developers.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

starcraft said:
I prefer it when companies fund development of great games that otherwise might not exist.

Like Infinite Undiscovery, or Alan Wake.

Or hell, shelling out $50 million dollars so a bankrupt company can afford to make it's one blockbuster title.

Or LBP.

Shelling out 50 mil so that a company that has a horrible practice of only having one Huge game, and helping them make that huge game instead of them learning how to expand their horizons is pretty crappy. 

T2 should learn how to expand it's horizons rather than rely on one game to get them through the tough times.

Around the Network

I'll just stick with the version of the game that comes out first, instead of waiting for next years dlcs

Mirson said:
So Bioshock DLC is not exclusive for PS3? Guess I'm getting the 360 version.

First thing I thought of

And its funny how Sony pretends like this tactic of buying exclusives wasn't a staple of their strategy a few years back.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

I dont think exclusive dlc matters that much.

dlc has never ever been a factor for me when buying a game. the gta dlc has to be the biggest waste ever. does ms really think people care about gta 4 dlc now? what with fable 2, gears 2, res 2, lbp, fallout 3, far cry 2, motorstorm, mirrors edge coming out, i really hope they don't.

@Sienar, Like Sony had to buy Exclusives in the PS2 Era >_>