By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - are we going to anymore Timed Exclusives??

Rock Band 2 also didn't do as good on PS3 as on 360 (and considering the installed base difference). Companies accept time exclusivity because they get money for it.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Around the Network

I doubt developers ported to the PS3 out of the goodness of their heart, particularly in the case of Bioshock (who's sold pretty well). Since we have no problems saying Microsoft paid them, and I doubt a company would port to a more difficult-to-develop-for system if they were not given incentives by Sony to do so.

So basically my answer is, no they won't stop.

Timed-exclusives will continue. Honestly as multiplatform owner timed exclusive or downloadable-content exclusive is always the reason to pick up one copy over the other. So I hope they continue.

Acevil said:

Timed-exclusives will continue. Honestly as multiplatform owner timed exclusive or downloadable-content exclusive is always the reason to pick up one copy over the other. So I hope they continue.

but why would you make game A with dlc and game B without, its like sayying buy this one instead?

i know they will be moneyhatted, but is that money hatting compensate for losses on game B, i highly doubt it.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Simulacrum said:
Hmm.Rock Band 2 did fairy good,while coming 1 month late for Xbox version.
Hopely Last Renmant will not have same effects...

I think this is a BIG difference with the games blackstar mentioned in his post.

Bioshock and Eternal Sonata were both 1 year exclusive to the 360 and very long time there were no talk about a port. Rock Band 2 is totally different, because PS3 and Wii owners know exactly when the game is coming out on their platform.