By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's First-Quarter Profit Rises Fivefold on Wii, DS Sales

sqrl: ah, and that's pretty much proof that nintendo is withholding wii's.

the fact that US retailers are getting consistent shipments with no increases is proof enough, but this seals it.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network
OriGin said:
Interestingly Nintendo have raised their Wii Forecast from 22m at the end of Mar 2008 to 25m.

Ok now that elicits a "wow" from me. Bold numbers from what I have seen, I will be very interested to see how this pans out.

To Each Man, Responsibility
I hope this settles once and for all the debate on whether Nintendo can even manufacture more than 15 million consoles by the end of the year: they are on their way to sell 20 million consoles by then.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.

With everyone focusing on profits I went straight for the forecasts because that's all that matters, if they increase it that means you can get ideas about production.

I have no doubt in my mind that they are stock piling either parts or complete units for the christmas season if they were to only be able to sell 300 - 500k units in each region they would be in a bit of trouble for the end of the year... I think they will probably reach 20 million at least by the end of the year with these forecast changes.

My theory above though is strained, because their inventory number hasn't increased considerably...

The forecast increase deserves it's own thread really.. 

118 yen vs 1 US dollar seem optimistic though... they should stick to 116. the US dollar looks very weak for the next little while.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network
OriGin said:

QFT

OriGin said:

This one should do: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=4459

"I doubt the Wii will break 12 mil because Nintendo can't even produce them fast enough."

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
KruzeS said:
OriGin said:

This one should do: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=4459

"I doubt the Wii will break 12 mil because Nintendo can't even produce them fast enough."

lol, yes and won't it be fun to go back and re-read all the fanboys that said it won't break 12, 13, or 14 million.

Wow!

(Waiting for Kwaad to join in and say something positive about Nintendo...)

Stock price will shoot past 60,000 yen within a week I would think.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

OriGin said:
Interestingly Nintendo have raised their Wii Forecast from 22m at the end of Mar 2008 to 25m.

You sure?

16.5m shipped for the FY + 5.84m (sold until end of March '07) = 22m

I can't see how it can be 25m? 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099