By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resistance 2 will get higher metacritic score than Gears of war 2!

In a few months we'll either be laughing or clapping at you. Time will tell! :P

The BuShA owns all!

Around the Network

It could happen solely because has more to improve from the original, and reviewers always reward games that have something new over something great that they've already played. This doesn't mean that R2 will necessarily be better than GeoW2, but it could end up being reviewed as such due to the natural bias of reviewers to reward originality more than quality at some points.

S4 S.T.A.G.E. said:
Griffin said:
I don't see it happening, more sites will review Gears2 and give it a high score. Then you have the fanboy sites that will rate R2 lower then Gears2 no matter what.

I call bullshit on this when MGS4 got a 10. Stop complaining illogically.

MGS4 doesn't have any competition on 360. There's a difference. His complaint is valid after numerous reviews from Edge.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Griffin said:
I don't see it happening, more sites will review Gears2 and give it a high score. Then you have the fanboy sites that will rate R2 lower then Gears2 no matter what.

I call bullshit on this when MGS4 got a 10. Stop complaining illogically.

Not really....

MGS4 got like an 8 from Eurogamer I think, as well as a few other haters, bringing the score down.

LBP also got the casual biased website trying to say it was only worth about a 7 or something.

Uncharted and Heavenly Sword both deserved to be in the 8.5 to 9.4 range yet they were graded much more harshly then similar games on the Xbox 360.

Bioshock for PS3, one far superior to it's 360 counterpart, with extra content, upgraded graphics(after texture patch), extra game modes, etc got a .2 lower score on IGN then the 360 version I think as well.

There are plenty of instances where reviewers will show obvious favortism to 360 over PS3.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

I just wish we'd get more 3rd person shooters as a result of Gears selling so well.

Come on, developers, it is a much cooler subgenre.

Around the Network

@Khuutra

I do agree. I must say I like the idea of 3rd person much more so then 1st person. I just feel 1st is a gimmicky perspective used by game developer's for they are the most simplest games to make(yes, doing a game in 1st is much more easier then 3rd for I have had the chance to make games in school).

Not to say that 1st person games are bad by any chance. Just would personally rather seeing the character I am.....AND NO MORE OF THAT MAIN CHARACTER IN A MASK BULLSHIT!!!! I'm looking at YOU Halo, Dead Space, Bioshock,etc. I feel it's easier to connect with a character when you can put face to name(FFs etc.).

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Khuutra said:
I just wish we'd get more 3rd person shooters as a result of Gears selling so well.

Quantom Theory!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I am suddenly hoping Gears get higher metacritic scores than R2.

Just a little bit

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
outlawauron said:
Khuutra said:

Quantom Theory!

I don't own a PS3 either

But good point, that game is indeed of the appropriate genre. I think.

It's not looking too promising for resistance 2 on metacritic at the moment is it

As i said before, once the dust settles and all the scores are in by Jan 09 Gears 2 will come out on top.