By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yawn... Another multiplat with lower resolution on PS3 -> Bioshock.

Well dam. I knew something was up. I just got the game today and started playing, and I was like man these textures are sharper now, but there is something missing. Now I know it was a few thousand pixels. Even though it looks better on PS3 than the 360 version did a whole year ago, I have to say the 360 version looked better due to the resolution.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

These threads won't stop till people can admit that the 360 is more powerful then the PS3.

Blu Ray is the only advantage for the PS3 and the Cell is a failure.

Proof - Multiplatform resolutions

/Sarcasm (maybe)

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

That's great! Now for other who gives a fuck news, Obama accepts an endorsements from God and Chuck Norris who we all thought died in the 80's!

"YouR opinion is WronG!!!"

BILL COSBY!!! said:
That's great! Now for other who gives a fuck news, Obama accepts an endorsements from God and Chuck Norris who we all thought died in the 80's!

hmm that was Huckabee....

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

sega4life said:

Almost 3 years the system has been out and still can't get a 1 year port to work on the PS3 to it's fullest.

360 has almost 3 years, PS3 has almost 2 years...

Around the Network
gebx said:
BILL COSBY!!! said:

hmm that was Huckabee....

Who saw it coming? Really?

"YouR opinion is WronG!!!"

Wait, wait, now lets start discussing the noticeable differences between 720p and 1080i and 1080p on TV's 45 inches or less.....just for shits and giggles cause I love those discussions.....XD!

The Anarchyz said:
sega4life said:

Almost 3 years the system has been out and still can't get a 1 year port to work on the PS3 to it's fullest.

Well actually it's been 771 days sense the PS3 was released, so it's just past to years.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

sega4life said:
The Anarchyz said:
sega4life said:

Well actually it's been 771 days sense the PS3 was released, so it's just past to years.

Actually

-716 days since the PS3 was released in Japan (almost two years) Launch date: 2006-11-11

-710 days since the PS3 was released in NA (almost two years) Launch date: 2006-11-17

-584 days since the PS3 was released in Europe (1 year, 8 months) Launch date: 2007-03-23

The PS3's frame buffer is part of the main RAM. It's separate on the 360. If a PS3 game has the same resolution as a 360 version, it has to eat into the main RAM. No amount of time and money on the software can magically change that.

The good news is that the PS3 doesn't seem to be suffering from it really. It's just with memory intensive software, like Unreal 3 Engine, more would be used than a more forgiving engine (like the Call of Duty 4 engine).

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs