By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Miyamoto - Wii Music is hardcore? Hardcore = amount of time spent playing?

libellule said:
gamekult.com (french) gave it the same score then Lair : 3/10

1UP gave Wii Music the same score as Metal Gear Solid 4:   A-

And it deserves it.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

Around the Network

gamekult.com >> 1up to my eyes

they dont hype games for nothing (except GTA4 maybe ...)
they are bashers
and
they are Ninty lovers

so if gamekult.com put 3/10, it is 1/10 for WW standard.

Wiimusic is really a bad game to my eyes

Time to Work !

That's strange, I think it's incredible.

But I also loved Mario Paint, Electroplankton, I and I think LBP is a great idea (haven't played it yet)

I prefer creative games, while some people just want to get high scores.  If creativity isn't your thing I can see why you wouldn't like it, IGN is a good example, Matt's videos showed his lack of natural musical timing and rhythm.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)

LBP will also receive a "not perfect score from gamekult.com"

I expect 7-8/10 that is quite low considering the 95/100 on metacritic

Time to Work !

Well it sounds like you've found a site that represents your tastes.

Around the Network

The man is obviously an idiot, he defines a word differently than me. He should just shut up!

It's interesting how people are. Every day, you say a ton of stupid things. But you just hide up by saying you are tired. You'd accept someone you like, or have no real connection with saying something stupid, and just ignore it really. But if you dislike the person, that's when you start complaining and nitpicking about one little mistake you believe he made.

So the real question is, why do you dislike Miyamoto? This is sort of rethorical, as I don't expect a real answer.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Actually Miyamoto is wrong because as the PS360 fanboys have made clear to us a game that isn't on a HD system cannot be hardcore or even quality. There have never been hardcore or good games before the current gen consoles. I don't see what is so difficult about that. Wii Music being a Wii game can by definition not be hardcore so I am not sure what all the debate is about.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Man, I love how some of the members have nearly zero reading comprehension, or are really twisting the statement.
What Miyamoto said is what he feels, and there is no game that can be called "Hardcore". Its always about how its played. A game of Tetris is hardcore, without an epic story or all that crap.

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

BringBackChrono said:
Man, I love how some of the members have nearly zero reading comprehension, or are really twisting the statement.
What Miyamoto said is what he feels, and there is no game that can be called "Hardcore". Its always about how its played. A game of Tetris is hardcore, without an epic story or all that crap.

Yet if you only play Tetris for 10 minutes, then it's not hardcore. Casual?

PSN - hanafuda

frybread,

I m mostly a PS3 fan and gamekult KZ2 preview was very weak and same go for their LBP one

so, this site doesn't represent my tastes BUT this site doesn't give 10/10 away for every AAA title, and that is great !

Time to Work !