By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
CrazzyMan said:
in before =))

anyway, next week LBP and then Motorstorm, THIS will be cool. =)

Nice to see you again. Anyway, my reply:

I just wanted to know, because I thought it might have meant "except for the Wii" or something like that.

Remember though, it's fine to get excited about PS3 sales in Others, but there are also two other territories, and celebrations are a bit premature. The 360 is beating the PS3 worldwide this week, most likely. If American numbers were posted first would there still be a Sony celebration aspect to such a thread as this? Of course, there is the price aspect, but lets not pretend like every 360 purchaser is buying a $199 360. You know how much a Pro costs, right? Also, in the end, price is always an excuse. We're talking about actual sales, not potential.

The 360 has been beating the PS3 worldwide for a few weeks, and besides the Fable 2 bump, it looks like the numbers might be getting near leveling off, before the Q4 super-rush. Getting too excited about something like "PS3 beats 360 in others during Fable 2 week by a very small margin" will take away most of the pleasure you will get when the PS3 actually obtains an inevitable victory. The price drops have leveled off, and the predictions for when the PS3 will overtake second place are getting further down the road. If you'll remember, earlier this year, some people commented that the PS3 would be ahead by January 09. Momentum has slightly shifted back towards Microsoft since E3, and while the PS3 is still the likely victor for 2nd place this generation, it's a little early to be throwing parties in weekly Others threads, imo.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Next week will be interesting.

Take my love, take my land..

DOATS1 said:
Everstar said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Gears will give a boost....but I URGE people to remember

Resistance sold MORE in EU than Gears 1

you got the link to that?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=843

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=1893&region=All

and don't try and use bundling excuse. gears of war was bundled in europe during christmas and resistance was unofficially bundled for a few months during it's driest period.

I was about to say the very same things.

I even remember the bundles in UK in xmas 06....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

DOATS1 said:
Everstar said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Gears will give a boost....but I URGE people to remember

Resistance sold MORE in EU than Gears 1

you got the link to that?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=843

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=1893&region=All

and don't try and use bundling excuse. gears of war was bundled in europe during christmas and resistance was unofficially bundled for a few months during it's driest period.

Kay thanks =)

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

darthdevidem01 said:
OMG CRAZZYMAN IS BACK!!

Lawls

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
CrazzyMan said:
in before =))

anyway, next week LBP and then Motorstorm, THIS will be cool. =)

Nice to see you again. Anyway, my reply:

I just wanted to know, because I thought it might have meant "except for the Wii" or something like that.

Remember though, it's fine to get excited about PS3 sales in Others, but there are also two other territories, and celebrations are a bit premature. The 360 is beating the PS3 worldwide this week, most likely. If American numbers were posted first would there still be a Sony celebration aspect to such a thread as this? Of course, there is the price aspect, but lets not pretend like every 360 purchaser is buying a $199 360. You know how much a Pro costs, right? Also, in the end, price is always an excuse. We're talking about actual sales, not potential.

The 360 has been beating the PS3 worldwide for a few weeks, and besides the Fable 2 bump, it looks like the numbers might be getting near leveling off, before the Q4 super-rush. Getting too excited about something like "PS3 beats 360 in others during Fable 2 week by a very small margin" will take away most of the pleasure you will get when the PS3 actually obtains an inevitable victory. The price drops have leveled off, and the predictions for when the PS3 will overtake second place are getting further down the road. If you'll remember, earlier this year, some people commented that the PS3 would be ahead by January 09. Momentum has slightly shifted back towards Microsoft since E3, and while the PS3 is still the likely victor for 2nd place this generation, it's a little early to be throwing parties in weekly Others threads, imo.

you said it yourself for a few weeks and even so the 360 haven't managed to eat up the lead the ps3 have....

yes ps3 its getting a delay... but take it mind the ps3 just have to keep stronger a year longer than the 360 to outselll it at this rate its looking very possible.

If anything, the Japanese and NA sales should be more interesting. Will there be a virtual tie between the 360 and PS3?

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

From now until the end of the year the following will happen and you can all quote me on this if you would like:

Others - PS3 will beat the 360 every week untill the end of the year.
Americas - 360 will beat PS3 every week untilll the end of the year.
Japan - It will be close but the PS3 will win by on average 10K per week.

This will mean that it will be roughly a draw this Christmas.

oliminator1994 said:
From now until the end of the year the following will happen and you can all quote me on this if you would like:

Others - PS3 will beat the 360 every week untill the end of the year.
Americas - 360 will beat PS3 every week untilll the end of the year.
Japan - It will be close but the PS3 will win by on average 10K per week.

This will mean that it will be roughly a draw this Christmas.

!i also believe (hope) in this sort of overall draw

Time to Work !

hmm not bad

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.