By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will we see a Final Fantasy XIV for this Gen?

Usually we see quite a few Final Fantasy games during a generation:

Final Fantasy I-III on the NES

Final Fantasy IV-VI on the SNES

Final Fantasy VII-IX on the PS1

Final Fantasy X-XII on the PS2

and now Final Fantasy XIII on PS3 and X360

By the time Final Fantasy XIII comes out it will be late 2009 early 2010 for the english version, that's 6 or 7 year's in development. (I believe the development started in 2003)

Now I know Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be coming out as well and it will likely come out shortly after FFXIII (maybe a year later), but it's a spin-off game and is going to be a action-RPG which is different from the usual Final Fantasy games.

So by the look's of it there will probably be only FF XIII for this generation. Unless the developing of FFXIV is a lot easier and quicker for them sinse they should know the cell of the PS3 like the back of there hand, thing's should go smoother.

Anyway, so what do you guys think will there be a Final Fantasy XIV for this generation or will it be for the PS4, and possibly the NexBox, or even Wii2? :O

Around the Network

I think there will be a second one this gen (maybe multiplatform with the next gen as well?)

Yes it will be PS3 Exclusive since PS3 userbase wiil have grown significantly, And Sony will be financially back on their feet. *Gets flamesuit Ready*

There might be one more.
(>'.')>

lol
I have doubts on xiii being delivered

Around the Network

Definitely.

They have to.

Shouldn't the thread title read "Will we see a Final Fantasy XIII for this Gen?"

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I hope so

if there is anything the FF13 going to 360 did....its that FF (main series) will not go to nintendo

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

yeah, one more this gen...

next gen will be S L O W and BS

Persona4 = WIN

PSP fanboi

Onyxmeth said:

Shouldn't the thread title read "Will we see a Final Fantasy XIII for this Gen?"

the next generation will likely only start 2011-2013 so we should lol.....i hope