By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 5 reasons hardcore gamers will love the New Xbox Experience

I like the interface, but I'm most excited about the netflix addition.

Around the Network

I was sold on the making it easier for achievement whores to show off!!

What I'm most excited about is marketplace on my PC, so now I can redeem codes much more easily through my PC

free XNA games!!!!!!!!!! (demos anyway)

Netflix!!!!!!!!

it cools cool!!!!!!!!!

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:
free XNA games!!!!!!!!!! (demos anyway)

Netflix!!!!!!!!

it cools cool!!!!!!!!!

USA only to my knowledge

Is it free.. Oh, no?

Well i'd rather spend my money on games than a online service that should be free anyhow.

Tell me again why one of the largest companies in the world needs to nickle and dime it's customers to death?

PSN ID: TheSimkin

GamerTag: TheSimkin

WII friend Code: 0002 7972 4522 2681

Around the Network

@ dasimkin, because they run the servers for the games, and it costs to keep them going. I think Sony makes the devs run their own servers

Munkeh111 said:
@ dasimkin, because they run the servers for the games, and it costs to keep them going. I think Sony makes the devs run their own servers

They make money off the servers selling games.  Do they really need to double dip? And don't they host the servers on their own software anyhow?  Does it really cost them all that much?

And nintendo doesn't charge either.  Not that nintendos online experience is that great, but it is usable and it is still free.

DaSimkin said:
Munkeh111 said:

They make money off the servers selling games.  Do they really need to double dip? And don't they host the servers on their own software anyhow?  Does it really cost them all that much?

And nintendo doesn't charge either.  Not that nintendos online experience is that great, but it is usable and it is still free.

Now they do offer Netflix too. I dont think they should really do it, but they do have some justification for doing it (I am only a silver member)

Munkeh111 said:
DaSimkin said:
Munkeh111 said:

Now they do offer Netflix too. I dont think they should really do it, but they do have some justification for doing it (I am only a silver member)

You shouldn't have to pay a monthly fee to rent movies either.

If block buster told me i had to pay an monthly/annual fee for the priviledge of being their customer I would not do so.

Now if the fee was for x rentals per month.. i'd consider it.  But how many good movies come out per month to justify this?  I'd rather pay for what i want.  than pay and then hope there will be stuff i want.  Of course this is personal preference, why not give us the choice?

Btw, does anyone pay to download drm infected movies these days?  Have you not heard of http://www.btjunkie.org ??

DaSimkin said:
Munkeh111 said:
DaSimkin said:
Munkeh111 said:

You shouldn't have to pay a monthly fee to rent movies either.

If block buster told me i had to pay an monthly/annual fee for the priviledge of being their customer I would not do so.

Now if the fee was for x rentals per month.. i'd consider it.  But how many good movies come out per month to justify this?  I'd rather pay for what i want.  than pay and then hope there will be stuff i want.  Of course this is personal preference, why not give us the choice?

Btw, does anyone pay to download drm infected movies these days?  Have you not heard of http://www.btjunkie.org ??

Well you have to pay for the movies.... the netlfix deal gives you unlimited movie access so you can watch as many movies as you want. I am not sure about the exact details of the service because it does not apply to me, but I still maintain they can justify charging you, even if I dont think it is that fair