By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 5 reasons hardcore gamers will love the New Xbox Experience

The only things that look interesting are the new look (the current gui fucking suck) and the optional installs.

The avatars are really a rip-off of Miis but even though, they show more options, I don't think it's necessary for 360 users.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Around the Network

what else could you ask of it?

Perhaps its personal preference but if I have a gaming console under my nice TV I want the interface to look good. That may be completely irrelevant for most but for me it was one deciding factor between 360 and PS3. From the UI to the console itself to the controller. The Ps3 looks simply grown up and like a media device, the 360 looks like a plastic gaming console with parrot colored interface(not anymore). Again this may be completely irrelevant to many but to me it was important. And the Wii: While I like the industrial design of the controllers the interface is functional but boring and I am much faster and more precise with the directional menu of the Ps3, but this may be because I am not used to pointing with the Wiimote.

Kyros said:
what else could you ask of it?

Perhaps its personal preference but if I have a gaming console under my nice TV I want the interface to look good. That may be completely irrelevant for most but for me it was one deciding factor between 360 and PS3. From the UI to the console itself to the controller. The Ps3 looks simply grown up and like a media device, the 360 looks like a plastic gaming console with parrot colored interface(not anymore). Again this may be completely irrelevant to many but to me it was important. And the Wii: While I like the industrial design of the controllers the interface is functional but boring and I am much faster and more precise with the directional menu of the Ps3, but this may be because I am not used to pointing with the Wiimote.

It's like 20 little boxes up there and you point to what one want. One is like "game" the other is like "shop" lol.

It couldn't be easier if it reacted to my thoughts.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

"The basic mechanics are clearly reminiscent of Sony's XMB,"
Huh? I don't get that...

Otherwise, nice updates!

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

It's like 20 little boxes up there and you point to what one want.

I always had problems with pointing. Especially when multiple people play with it and have the pointer on the screen (most of the time since I always play the Wii at friends) I grab the controller, wiggle around a bit until I know which cursor is mine and then try to move the cursor to the(as you said pretty small) target as I would with a laser pointer.
Its not hard and I am sure you get used to it but I am much faster with pressing a view directional keys on the PS3 controller. I don't even have to look. Its like an iPod interface.

Around the Network

I am not sure how people think this can be less organized. Search functionality alone will help tremendously in locating content, whether it be a movie, dlc, etc. I hate scrolling through 400 entries to find what I am looking for. Apparently, the speed at which items load is incredibly faster on the new interface.

im gonna install all my fave games when it comes out!

I really like the new Xbox experience, i like those game boxes. Yet still the avatars are simply copies of the Mii's

Lolcislaw said:
I really like the new Xbox experience, i like those game boxes. Yet still the avatars are simply copies of the Mii's

lol they look a bit like those characters from "Everybody's Golf" to me

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

I still don't understand it.

The original Dashboard is fine.