By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 5 reasons hardcore gamers will love the New Xbox Experience

Squilliam said:
JaggedSac said:
Grahamhsu said:
Preview group?! I want to join as well, I am looking foward to NXE especially for the hard disc install.

Major Nelson outlined the method for getting into the group this weekend.  I sent my application in on Saturday night I think and then shortly afterwards they stopped taking applications.  Wed. they will be e-mailing whether or not I got in and then they will give a code for the full NXE.

I consider myself to be a very avid gamer and I care not for the full install option.  I don't care too much about load times and I could care even less about the noise the 360 generates.  I care more about the party system, XNA launching, NetFlix, and the increased functionality in the Live API's for retail developers and arcade developers to utilize.

But if you're an avid gamer who plays a little too much Halo 3 with 7 GB to spare on his hard disk, why not install it?

LOL.  I guess I would probably do that, but I have an original box with 20 GB.  And not much of that is left since I gobble up arcade titles.  I refuse to pay the exorbitant prices that they sell those hard drives for.

Around the Network
TRios_Zen said:
I signed up for the preview as well. Hoping to get in to try that install on Gears and Fable 2. They filled up pretty quickly though, not sure what the odds are like.

If you get in you'll have to post your impressions! Give me your beta key!

We all know thats what you're really thinking!

Tease.

Squilliam said:
TRios_Zen said:
I signed up for the preview as well. Hoping to get in to try that install on Gears and Fable 2. They filled up pretty quickly though, not sure what the odds are like.

If you get in you'll have to post your impressions! Give me your beta key!

We all know thats what you're really thinking!

HAHA.  Too true!  Though with a little luck I'll be giving my impressions as well!

JaggedSac said:

LOL.  I guess I would probably do that, but I have an original box with 20 GB.  And not much of that is left since I gobble up arcade titles.  I refuse to pay the exorbitant prices that they sell those hard drives for.

One of these are calling your name!

Obey wage slave.

But to be honest they can't charge any less for them without dropping their whole SKU system. Besides anything else, the fact that its a snickity snick rather than squeek squeek grunt, go online to find out how to remove stuck screw does help. 

Tease.

Yeah it's really beginning to take SHAPE.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
JaggedSac said:

One of these are calling your name!

Obey wage slave.

But to be honest they can't charge any less for them without dropping their whole SKU system. Besides anything else, the fact that its a snickity snick rather than squeek squeek grunt, go online to find out how to remove stuck screw does help. 

Yep, you are correct about that.  I will end up getting one, but I still reserve the right to gripe about it.

We'd never understood those who complain that the current dashboard feels clunky and crowded. Going back to it for comparison after NXE however, we now really do.

They could also have powered up a PS3. Seriously the interface is sooo much better. This new interface seems like a step in the right direction.

Kyros said:
We'd never understood those who complain that the current dashboard feels clunky and crowded. Going back to it for comparison after NXE however, we now really do.

They could also have powered up a PS3. Seriously the interface is sooo much better. This new interface seems like a step in the right direction.

I dunno man, it kinda seems like an unimportant feature to me, and while the 360's UI isn't currently great, neither is the PS3s.

The one I like best is the Wii. It's very, very easy to use and navigate, and performs all the necessary functions. In the end, what else could you ask of it?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

for some reason i like the old interface better, it just feels more organized.

My greatest fear was, and to a lesser extent still is the Avatars. I would be more satisfied with true to life proportions, and yet greater fanciful elements. However the ability to create a disfigured Avatar is a positive step towards self expression. I am seriously not interested in creating a virtual doppelganger.

I am still disappointed that I will have to create one of these abominations, but if I have to I like the fact that I can vent my frustrations through digital mutilation. Hopefully in time Microsoft will expand it to allow for a far greater range of digital persona.