By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT review of FABLE II

I havent played the game but the GT review says exaclty what i was specting i would like to see comments from poeple that played the game cus am thinking on gatting the PC version.

Note: this is in general gaming because the game will come to PC. No fanboys and no flaming Please

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Around the Network

LOL i said no fanboys and no flaming and now there are no comments...LOL

Hey Listen!

The game is coming to PC?  That's news to me.

Anyways, here are my thoughts so far (pretty far in the game):

Pros

• The story is good
  • There are some spots where they put in interesting spots to make decisions.  I'm trying to play a purely good character so I had to make a really tough decision and some sacricies (SPOILER In the spire I chose to disobey every time and lost a crapload of experience).
  • Combat is a button masher but it's still fun
  • It's still Fable-- even with all the improvements it's still Fable.  It's still a pretty linear world, though bigger, but that isn't a bad thing.  If you liked Fable you'll like this.
  • Your actions do have direct consequences on the world

Cons

• The dog is a pain in the ass.  You will be walking forward, your dog wil hang back, you'll get near a dig spot and the dog will bark.  You run back to the dog because he won't run to you but he was actually barking at a dig spot near you so you have to run forward again hoping the dog is with you and wait for him to find the dig spot again.
  • The dog can literally take up to 10 seconds to find properly find a dig spot, just long enough so it takes the same amount of time it takes to select the spade from the menu.  The dog will run up to the spot, walk in circles, and eventually find the dig spot so you can quick select your spade.
  • If your dog finds a dig spot or treasure and then enemies appear your dog won't help you fight.
  • Every time you dig or open a treasure chest there's a 5 second or so unskippable cut scene.  I HATE UNSKIPPABLE CONSTANTLY REPEATED CUT SCENES!  I understand why they did it (because you can get attacked and severly punished while opening or digging) but it still doesn't change the fact it sucks.  Let me skip the damn cut scene if there are no enemies around!
  • The animation team really dropped the ball on this game.  Your character constantly clips through the dog.  Hannah's hammer constantly clips through her head, when you walk into a wall it looks terrible, and so on.  It's sad but you constantly notice how terrible the animations are because of the lack of polish.
  • There doesn't seem to be as many titles and clothing options as the last one.  This just might be me going crazy
  • I'm not a big fan of the magic.  I mainly just use level 1 timestop and don't waist time charging higher level spells because it just takes so much time.
  • Troll fights are long and boring.  You essentially run in a circle using timestop if you have it and just shooting your ranged weapon.
  • There are some really long and boring wave fights.  You'll be waiting for an NPC to do something and enemies just keep coming and it gets really boring.
  • Experience orbs disappear if you don't grab them quick enough.  That means when the game throws 30 enemies in a row at you you have to stop every 10 or so enemies and collect experience and just take the hits.
  • One you find a weapon with two augment slots and get the ghoul and gold touch augments the game is simple.
  • Targeting people can be *very* finicky.

There's probably more but I have to go.  Despite all these gripes keep in mind that I very much like this game.  It's definitely worth a buy and I can't wait to play through a second time to play an evil character.

twesterm said:

Pros

• The story is good( this is good news to me)
  • There are some spots where they put in interesting spots to make decisions.  I'm trying to play a purely good character so I had to make a really tough decision and some sacricies (SPOILER In the spire I chose to disobey every time and lost a crapload of experience).
  • It's still Fable-- even with all the improvements it's still Fable.  It's still a pretty linear world(bad news), though bigger, but that isn't a bad thing.  If you liked Fable you'll like this.
  • Your actions do have direct consequences on the world (it affects more than just the poeple? how is the aging ssytem? do yuu age gradualy or you just jump like in the first one?)

Cons

• The dog is a pain in the ass.  You will be walking forward, your dog wil hang back, you'll get near a dig spot and the dog will bark.  You run back to the dog because he won't run to you but he was actually barking at a dig spot near you so you have to run forward again hoping the dog is with you and wait for him to find the dig spot again.(This is importan to know)
  • The dog can literally take up to 10 seconds to find properly find a dig spot, just long enough so it takes the same amount of time it takes to select the spade from the menu.  The dog will run up to the spot, walk in circles, and eventually find the dig spot so you can quick select your spade (Thats  ok if you are an rpg player, good things take time).
  • If your dog finds a dig spot or treasure and then enemies appear your dog won't help you fight(WTF? what the dog for ??????? looking for tresures only???).
  • Every time you dig or open a treasure chest there's a 5 second or so unskippable cut scene.  I HATE UNSKIPPABLE CONSTANTLY REPEATED CUT SCENES!  I understand why they did it (because you can get attacked and severly punished while opening or digging) but it still doesn't change the fact it sucks.  Let me skip the damn cut scene if there are no enemies around!(Bad news)
  • The animation team really dropped the ball on this game.  Your character constantly clips through the dog.(This is not bad really)  Hannah's hammer constantly clips through her head, when you walk into a wall it looks terrible, and so on.  It's sad but you constantly notice how terrible the animations are because of the lack of polish.
  • There doesn't seem to be as many titles and clothing options as the last one.  This just might be me going crazy
  • I'm not a big fan of the magic.  I mainly just use level 1 timestop and don't waist time charging higher level spells because it just takes so much time.
  • Troll fights are boring
  • There are some really long and boring wave fights.  You'll be waiting for an NPC to do something and enemies just keep coming and it gets really boring.(maybe because you are not using magic?)
  • Experience orbs disappear if you don't grab them quick enough.  That means when the game throws 30 enemies in a row at you you have to stop every 10 or so enemies and collect experience and just take the hits.(this is fair)
  • One you find a weapon with two augment slots and get the ghoul and gold touch augments the game is simple.

There's probably more but I have to go.  Despite all these gripes keep in mind that I very much like this game.  It's definitely worth a buy and I can't wait to play through a second time to play an evil character.

I played the first one but there where many things i was specting and where missing, like gradual aging and hair growth, i was even hoping that the body changed from exersice, that would have make a different if you choose to be a magician and not a warrior.  My hopes are not so hi this time so i may enjoy it more. The linearity is what turns me down specially having played GTA and WOW.

Hey Listen!

Interesting. I'll give it a try when it comes out for PC, the orginal game was good but it was missing something to make it stand out, I'm disappointed that the story still seems to be bad (I'm basing this on the Gamespot review), but id the combat is solid I may enjoy it

Around the Network
radha said:
twesterm said:

Pros

• The story is good( this is good news to me)
  • It's still Fable-- even with all the improvements it's still Fable.  It's still a pretty linear world(bad news), though bigger, but that isn't a bad thing.  If you liked Fable you'll like this.
  • Your actions do have direct consequences on the world (it affects more than just the poeple? how is the aging ssytem? do yuu age gradualy or you just jump like in the first one?)

Cons

• The dog is a pain in the ass.  You will be walking forward, your dog wil hang back, you'll get near a dig spot and the dog will bark.  You run back to the dog because he won't run to you but he was actually barking at a dig spot near you so you have to run forward again hoping the dog is with you and wait for him to find the dig spot again.(This is importan to know)
  • The dog can literally take up to 10 seconds to find properly find a dig spot, just long enough so it takes the same amount of time it takes to select the spade from the menu.  The dog will run up to the spot, walk in circles, and eventually find the dig spot so you can quick select your spade (Thats  ok if you are an rpg player, good things take time).
  • If your dog finds a dig spot or treasure and then enemies appear your dog won't help you fight(WTF? what the dog for ??????? looking for tresures only???).
  • Every time you dig or open a treasure chest there's a 5 second or so unskippable cut scene.  I HATE UNSKIPPABLE CONSTANTLY REPEATED CUT SCENES!  I understand why they did it (because you can get attacked and severly punished while opening or digging) but it still doesn't change the fact it sucks.  Let me skip the damn cut scene if there are no enemies around!(Bad news)
  • The animation team really dropped the ball on this game.  Your character constantly clips through the dog.(This is not bad really)  Hannah's hammer constantly clips through her head, when you walk into a wall it looks terrible, and so on.  It's sad but you constantly notice how terrible the animations are because of the lack of polish.
  • Troll fights are boring
  • There are some really long and boring wave fights.  You'll be waiting for an NPC to do something and enemies just keep coming and it gets really boring.(maybe because you are not using magic?)
  • Experience orbs disappear if you don't grab them quick enough.  That means when the game throws 30 enemies in a row at you you have to stop every 10 or so enemies and collect experience and just take the hits.(this is fair)

I played the first one but there where many things i was specting and where missing, like gradual aging and hair growth, i was even hoping that the body changed from exersice, that would have make a different if you choose to be a magician and not a warrior.  My hopes are not so hi this time so i may enjoy it more. The linearity is what turns me down specially having played GTA and WOW.

Without getting into spoilers I'll just say I don't think you age.  I know your hair doesn't grow but you can make yourself taller by doing certain things and you can make yourself fat by eating food other than produce.  I'm really not sure how to make yourself skinny.  I ate one pie on accident and I gained a few pounds and still haven't gotten rid of them.

For the waiting on the dog thing-- no, it's not good that it takes time.  You literally stand there, the dog walks in circles and you just wait for it to align to a node.  This isn't a good things take time thing, it's just a piss poor system thing.

The dog fights, I'm not sure how good he is.  I have him upgraded but I never really notice him killing anything.  I just notice that I'm fighting and he's busy telling me there's a dig spot or treasure and just standing there not fighting.

For the animations it is pretty bad.  You constantly notice how bad they are and seeing it throughout the whole game really can bring the game down a notch.  Like I said, they completely dropped the ball on that side.

Magic doesn't make fights quicker (and I do use it just to change things up, it's just generally not worth the wait).

It's good to see that most people are enjoying this, I still haven't been able to play it... but I do look forward to it

So what was GT's score?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
So what was GT's score?

@twesterm

HOW DARE YOU INSULT THE DOG!!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey