By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Little Big Planet 2 already in development?

Sometimes you read things and think “that shouldn’t be there”, like this BBC article on LittleBigPlanet.  It reads fine (in fact it’s quite a good read) but this bit stands out like a sore thumb: “Even before the game has hit the shops, the team are already at work on a sequel.”

The article goes on:  “LittleBigPlanet has big potential. Right now it is just a game but the firm, with Sony, are in talks to turn it into a franchise that could mean spin offs including comics, cartoons, and action figures as well as a publishing platform itself for other brands’ content.”

A sequel?  Already?  Is this really the case or is this the BBC getting confused with downloadable content?

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2008/10/27/lbp-2-in-the-works/

Around the Network

Maybe a psp version??

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I hope this is wrong. LBP seems to be thriving on the promise of strong community. A close sequel would suck the life out of it and might endanger both games' longevity. (Or not? I'm basically speculating here.)

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

This does not imply a rushed sequel.

The Zelda team for Nintendo only works on Non handheld Zelda games, they are always working. They produced 2 Nes games, a Snes, 2 64 games, 2 GC games, 1 Wii game (Xbow training) and a port (twilight princess) and are currently making another game.

Of course they're working on the next one. At the moment it's undoubtably some brainstorming from the devs - the code monkeys and graphic designers are no doubt working on downloadable content

LittleBigPlanet seems like a "one per generation" game like mario kart and super smash brothers...

Around the Network

I dont think they should just rush to make a sequal, but if they are going to make a Lpb2 it should arrive earliest late 2010.

I ABSOLUTELY DONT SEE THE PROBLEM TO HAVE A SEQUEL IN DEVELOPPEMENT

people are sometime very strange ...

+1 for scottie

Time to Work !

Maybe a sort of expansion, do they have expansions on consoles??

I would assume that most of the studio is working on DLC, like extra tools, and then 5-10 people are working on ideas for the next next big thing

LBP franchise has been bought out by EA confirmed. Dont forget to pick up LBP 2010 hitting shelves in fall 09'.

Im not sure what can be added to this game but it seems the devs are a bit creative.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling