By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you prefer using a SWORD or GUN when playing video games?

I prefer to use my hands...

Around the Network

Both, just look at Dante on DMC.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

I guess you are trying to ask if you prefer a gamer prefers "short range, melee combat" rather than "long range, shooting combat"?

I have never been one for FPS games (or TPS) so I'll say "sword". 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I second that, Rol.

Light Saber?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

I personally prefer to use a controller when I play video games. Archaic, I know ...

If its first person the gun of course,third person can be gun or sword.

mM

I'm gonna have to go with a lightsaber AND a deagle.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I prefer to be immersed. If the gun game is played with a gun or Wiimote to aim then I would take that over button mashing. That is only cause no sword games have really taken advantage of swinging yet. However I dream of the day I can swing a lightsaber in first person. Hey anyone else out there think it would be cool to have a lightsaber training mode like when Luke trained with the bot in Star Wars A New Hope? A little android firing blasts and you and you have to deflect it real quick. They could include clues to where he is going to shoot with sound or his blaster arm pointing in a different position right before he shoots.

Ugh, I so wish there was another choice. How can anyone ever claim that video games are more than a teenage male fantasyland when we get polls like "Swords or guns?" We should also ask: "Boobies or cars?"

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">