By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will 2009 be better year than 2008?

First to Sony:

-PS3 might get price drop and slim model.And new colours could be coming, at least to Europe (still with the black)

- Huge games like Gran Turismo 5,God Of War 3,Killzone 2,Infamous,Final Fantasy XIII(+Verus maybe) (probably),Tekken 6,Resident Evil 5,Street Fighter 4,Bioshock 2,Heavy Rain,Uncharted 2 (?),White Knight Chronicals...

- More PS3 special features keep on coming with fimware updates,and we at Europe might get to buy/rent movies at PSN.

-Blu-ray might take over DVD,at least it will increase.

- PSP will keep on updating trough fimware,maybe new colours.Due new models overtaking 1000,piracy might go down.

- Sony said some time ago that 2009 will be great year for PSP,many unannounced titles,but some good games like Resistance Retrubution,Parasite Eve 3,Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep,Star Ocean 2,Patapon 2,Monster Hunter Unite,Final Fantasy Dissidia and maybe FF Agito.

Microsoft:

-Slim model might come,Red Ring Of Dead might vanish to darkness.

-Some games I have heard,like Alan Wake,Bioshock 2,Res 5,Street Fighter 4,Final fantasy XIII,Halo Wars (?),Ninja Blade,Mass Effect 2(?),Tekken 6.

-More special features with upgrades (it upgrades right?)

Nintendo

-Umm...Price drop?Motion+,Wii speak channel,Wii Sports: Resort

-Umm....Muramasa,Madworld,FF Chrystal Crhonicles,Tenchu 4,Dead Rising:CTYD,Monster Hunter 3 (?)FFCC: CB, tales of Symphonia,Disaster: Day of Crisis,No More Heroes 2,Red Steel 2 ..

-New Ds model,new colours?

-Umm...Fire Emblem:SD,Mario and Luigi Rpg 3 (sorry lol),Kingdom Hears 358/2 Days,Pokemon platinium,Dragon Quest IX...

Pc (Even as Pc player I forgot)

-Direct X 11,Cheaper

-Dawn of War 2,Diablo 3,Empire: Total War ,  The Sims 3,Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty

Well I don't know much about Wii/Xbox360/Ds(maybe I don't know even Ps3/PSP), so post some here and I'll add them to list..

Will 2009 be better year than 2008?

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network

LOL @ Your sig -_-

I think 2009 will be a great year, don't forget uncharted 2 for ps3 owners lol. But I don't think the ps3 slim will come in 2009, more around mid 2010-early 2011.

blazinhead89 said:
LOL @ Your sig -_-

...What?

Take my love, take my land..

It could be ---- m saying this accroding to ALL PLATFORM GAMES

with R & C sequel to Fuure Toold of destruction

maybe Uncharted 2

maybe Assasin's Creed 2

Halo Recon

pokemon platinum

& THE ICING:

Fabula Nova Crystallis Presents:

Final Fantasy XIII!!!!!!!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

As of right now Bioshock 2 is the only thing that concerns me listed.
I still need to get Mass Effect.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

yeah great year for PS3 in 2009. I guess the PS3's year was pushed from 2008 to 2009...There are some great releases this year like Resistance 2 and LittlebigPlanet. But 2009 has the most popular playstation franchise ever Gran Turismo

Wii is exhausted of all options except a price drop maybe or an HD model. Theres no more huge titles, they already released SMG, Mario Kart, SSBB, etc.

360 just needs to keep doing what its doing

I would really love the RROD-less 360. I don't care how much the price goes.

If all those games mentioned will be out this 2009. This year will be good for us gamers.

slim? meh, I like bigger ones although just my opinion...

Persona4 = WIN

PSP fanboi

WE can hope so, I mean 2008 was a great year for all systems, but 2009 looks especially better for the HD systems, I can't wait for God of War III, Gran Turismo 5, Killzone 2,Infamous, Final FAntasy XIII.

maybe a new PS3 slim model too.

^_^

for wii definately yes, third party ramping up, first party getting quite interesting

heres some games you could add

nintendo: wii sports resort, punsh out, sin and punishment 2, dynamic slash, cosmic walker (wont mention pikmin 3 as might not be coming 2009)

sega: house of the dead: overkill, sonic and the black knight, bleach versus crusade, madworld

capcom: spyborgs, monster hunter 3

Namco: next tales of...., fragile, sky crawlers

marvellous: arc rise fantasia, valhallah knights, Kizuna, little kings story

others: conduit, overlord, cursed mountain

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia