By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - {GT} Overhyped fall 2008 games that gamers might be dissapointed in.

^an interesting topic thats found in the bonus round #4 on gametrailers

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41975.html

6:45 onwards, all three panelists pick thier games and came up with these 4 below, ive just put in a little quote on each game summurising why they feel so.

• saints row 2 - "campy over the top game, in the shadow of gta4"
  • mirrors edge - "might turn out fine but looks scetchy"
  • banjo kazooie - "its just a racing game all you do is build cars"
  • fable 2 - "might not do as well as publishers hope, mabey people will pick up after fall 2008, only x amount of $$$ this year"

i think they are kinda correct in this.

i love saints row 2, but it is in the shadow of gta4, ive traded my copy of gta4 and have saints row 2 its a very good game imo

mirrors edge looks fantastic and i predict this will be this years assasins creed, in that it recives average scores but sells million

banjo kazooie, well it was confirmed ages ago that its over 80% driving and might dissapoint some purchasers thinking its another classic banjo game.

fable 2, should have a good opening week, but many players might be put off as there are other many better games out on that platform like gears 2 and...... mabey left4dead, i think however fable might have some good legs after xmas 2008, i predict in the uk the price for fable 2 will be slashed like ninja gaiden 2

------------------------

out of the games above, i already have sainst row 2 and i like it, mirros edge i will give a shot after xmas 2008, banjo is a non starter for me i wont bother, however i might purchase it for my son after xmas 2008 should find it used, fable 2 good game but to short for me, i dont like some of the game mechanics.

do you agree with the GT panel?

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:

6:45 onwards, all three panelists pick thier games and came up with these 4 below, ive just put in a little quote on each game summurising why they feel so.

• Gran Turismo - "its just a racing game all you do is build cars"
  • fable 2 - "might not do as well as publishers hope, mabey people will pick up after fall 2008, only x amount of $$$ this year"

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

+1 thekitchensink

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

@ kitchen: I don't see the reason to replace that with Gran Turismo...

GT is about cars, therefore logical that it's about building cars and racing.

B&K = a platformer, not a racer...

thekitchensink said:
Skeeuk said:

No.

As for Fable 2, how is there even a slim chance of L4D being better than it? hah! Fable 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> L4D!

Around the Network
thekitchensink said:
Skeeuk said:

^an interesting topic thats found in the bonus round #4 on gametrailers

{laughs like a hyena @ kitchensink not with im}

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I kid, I kid

I'm sorry, I just had to XD

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Xen said:
thekitchensink said:
Skeeuk said:

No.

As for Fable 2, how is there even a slim chance of L4D being better than it? hah! Fable 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> L4D!

When people use more than one "greater than" signs I tend to think they're being sarcastic via hyperbole.

thekitchensink said:
I kid, I kid

I'm sorry, I just had to XD

lol that was a good one replacing it with gran turismo

even funnier is that someone took that as real lol

well 2008 has been a great year for gaming, all 2 consoles have great games to look forward to this year.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Agree with their list.

That said, the HD consoles are getting some badass games over the next 6 months or so!