By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Minute. Cassamasina asks about hardcore games

TWRoO said:
flagship said:
Jo21 said:
oh yes punch out and sin and punishment are so hardcore >_o... not.

The Conduit appears to be the only potential hardcore game on the list.

Hardcore only seems to mean shooter recently.

I thought Hardcore meant Brown & Gray colored games...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

You know the enthusiast gaming community can bitch and whine all they want. Where were they last generation for Nintendo? Oh wait... they weren't. They ignored the Gamecube almost completely.

The only reason they are complaining to Nintendo this time is because Nintendo is the outright leader this time and it frightens them that the Wii can dominate the market without any games that they would consider 'essential'.

The marketplace is MUCH bigger than the fanboys who comment on IGN. Most Wii owners will never even know what IGN is. So why should Nintendo care what this small group thinks? Let's face it, whenever a big title is on all platforms that crowd buys it for the 360/PS3 anyway. So why even bother trying to please them?

As for true core Nintendo fans, Punch Out, Animal Crossing, Sin & Punishment and news of Pikmin and other games IS great support.

If Nintendo has found success (great success) appealing to people other than the game enthusiast crowd then good for them. Why complain? That's like PC game players whining to companies making laptops and mid to low end PCs that they lack powerful graphics card and it's hurting their games industry. But they don't because they at least realize they are a minority of PC users and the majority just don't need/want the expense of high end graphics.

It's about time the 'hardcore' accept they are only a small part of the games industry and let Nintendo do what it's doing without bitching about every game that gets made that they don't like. The facts are clear. The majority likes them and money talks so let the BS walk.

Rant over.

NiKKoM said:
TWRoO said:
flagship said:
Jo21 said:

The Conduit appears to be the only potential hardcore game on the list.

Hardcore only seems to mean shooter recently.

I thought Hardcore meant Brown & Gray colored games...

Only Halo is for t3h hardc0re1!!!!11eleven1!!1!

I think MadWorld comes pretty close to my definition of 'not appealing to the elderly and the young ones' that own a wii! And it's pretty unique and brutal  (= hardcore?!)

THE NETHERLANDS

Rhonin the wizard said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Jo21 said:

Where do you want to receive my kick? In the face, or in the ''private'' parts? =P

Honestly, you should have talked about the part where she said Pokémon Ranger is hardcore.

She never mentioned the word hardcore.

She didn't, but you can assume it almost comes down to it when the question was about if Nintendo is really ignoring hardcore gamers. I guess it's reading comprehension... or I just want to hear what I want? o_O

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Hardcore=Snobcore

Also, I'm more than tired of idiotic fans not listening or using their minds. There are many titles coming but it takes time to make them! Gee... This kind of attitude is very kiddy, selfish and stupid, it's really not giving a good image to gamers.

Around the Network

Nintendo never made hardcore ganes and never will. Hardcore is a niche, Nintendo likes to sell games to everyone.

Gamerace said:
You know the enthusiast gaming community can bitch and whine all they want. Where were they last generation for Nintendo? Oh wait... they weren't. They ignored the Gamecube almost completely.

The only reason they are complaining to Nintendo this time is because Nintendo is the outright leader this time and it frightens them that the Wii can dominate the market without any games that they would consider 'essential'.

The marketplace is MUCH bigger than the fanboys who comment on IGN. Most Wii owners will never even know what IGN is. So why should Nintendo care what this small group thinks? Let's face it, whenever a big title is on all platforms that crowd buys it for the 360/PS3 anyway. So why even bother trying to please them?

As for true core Nintendo fans, Punch Out, Animal Crossing, Sin & Punishment and news of Pikmin and other games IS great support.

If Nintendo has found success (great success) appealing to people other than the game enthusiast crowd then good for them. Why complain? That's like PC game players whining to companies making laptops and mid to low end PCs that they lack powerful graphics card and it's hurting their games industry. But they don't because they at least realize they are a minority of PC users and the majority just don't need/want the expense of high end graphics.

It's about time the 'hardcore' accept they are only a small part of the games industry and let Nintendo do what it's doing without bitching about every game that gets made that they don't like. The facts are clear. The majority likes them and money talks so let the BS walk.

Rant over.

That's so true. I didn't even know what IGN was before I came to this site. A lot of people here seems to think they are a standard of Journalistic excellency while that guy Mass Cassamina (or something like that) is just starting rumors like they would do at Kotaku and patronize every Nintendo PR he talks to.

Also, Nintendo fanboys are extremely annoying because they whine all the time even though Nintendo is the best gaming company in the world. We already got SSBB, Mario Kart Wii, Mario Galaxy and PS3 owners won't get their Gran Turismo before 2010.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Well now we know that the Zelda, Mario and Pikmin games are heading towards the Wii, that's just fantastic news. They had never confirmed on which platforms they were planning to release them :)

As for people saying that none of those games listed there are core games, it's either because you are a troll, you hate Nintendo, you don't know what a core game is or you are just jealous.

This news for core Nintendo fans is more than great. I'm very happy about this.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

It's mainly PS360 fans who complain about lack of "hardcore" games on Wii not the wii owners, we have gotten lots of "Hardcore" games from Nintendo in just 2 years, that couldn't be said last generation.

And frankly most of the so called hardcore games out there are simple games, play one of them and you know how to play 99% of the rest, (FPS anyone?simple gameplay)

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Jo21 said:

You poor ignorant soul.