By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Fallout 3 or Valkyia Chronicles?

Well if you think of them as equal as far as gameplay and which you would enjoy more, then let me extoll you with the virtues of buying VC. sRPG's always have a tough time getting good sales, while Fallout 3 will do fine. Don't let a great game like VC fall short on sales, for just the price of a cup of coffee a day for 60 days you could show Sega that their hard work is appreciated.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

right.....do you trust them so much?

what do they think of LBP?

I dont know but I like the way they dont like to hype thing and the way they dont deserve 10/10

but, to me, they were just too hard previewing LBP, particularly on their preview video, some Ninty fans were just too much defensive : "jumping sucks bla bla bla", "not a good plateformer"

they will eat their crow too lol

Time to Work !

epinefridis said:
@Kantor
How exactly could they release Morrowind on PS2 when even the XBOX port was crappy as hell comparing to the PC counterpart? You are talkin impossibilities sir. I can't think why Bethesda should be accused for that. And the Oblivion port was one of the few games that is obviously superior than its 360 competitor.
And, correct me if I'm wrong, but the Oblivion DLC was released for PS3 as well. Game of the Year Edition I think?

I got the Game of The Year edition. They gave us Shivering Isles and Knights of The Nine, and that's it. No Horse Armor, no Fighter's Stronghold, nothing.

The Xbox version of Morrowind was just fine. In fact, it was more than fine. I can forgive them for Morrowind, but what they did (or rather didn't do) to Oblivion was unforgivable.

EDIT: The graphics were tweaked slightly and the draw distance improved.

I should probably point out that Oblivion is still my second favourite PS3 game though...

And the fact remains that they put no DLC and trophies in Fallout 3. That's just laziness and/or fanboyism.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Am getting Valkyria. Fallout just doesn't seem like my kind of RPG, I was more interested in Oblivion...

But I might just check it out later on though of the response to the game is overwhelmingly positive.

4 ≈ One

personally i think they both are really good games but because of the weapon selection i'd say fallout3

Around the Network

They're two totally different games so different in genre it'd be really hard for anybody to give you an honest answer.

I'm going VC first... however i'm a SRPG nut.

I'm going with Valkyria. Fallout 3 can wait -- too generic to get it for 60$.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

In about a year Bethesda with rerelease Fallout 3 + some expansion material in some deluxe or GOTY version so if it isn't a must have you might as well wait until then to buy it.

I'd buy Valkyria Chronilces, from what I've seen so far it's the one PS3 game that makes me regret not owning the system.

For me, the decision is simple. Both.

Bethesda's Todd Howard "if install base really mattered, we'd all make board games, because there are a lot of tables."

Feel free to add me ...

PSN ID - jedson328
XBL Gamertag - jedson328

I'll go with both. I'll be picking these two up sometime in 2009.

I've got quite a list of PS2 games for my 2008 list, and like 3 ps3 games, 2 ds games.