By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kid plays too much Xbox, argues with parents, runs away. MS offers reward.

MontanaHatchet said:
Microsoft is a gigantic company consisting of thousands of employees. Which part of Microsoft doesn't care about this kid?

I think people tend to disregard the human elements of coorporations.  Apparently there is nothing but heartless people that work at M$. LOL.  Of course the parents should have handled the situation differently, but that is the cause and they are trying to solve the effect right now and worry about the cause after the kid is found.  If you for one second think that money is more important than trying to find a kid that could be in danger, you have some serious problems.

Around the Network

I'm sorry but MY money IS more important than some OTHER persons kid. Why should I give a crap about a kid I don't know and who by all accounts is a tool and waste my hard earned money trying to find him. I'd rather spend it on games, rent, whatnot that are actually beneficial for me.

I hope they don't find him too soon, teach him wtf he has left. In fact I hope he gets a few beatings and robbed a few times. Also he won't be playing Xbox outside. That should teach the little fuck some respect. He doesn't deserve a reward.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Ah, to be a kid...

Running away from home... stealing money from your parrents... smothering your baby brother with a pillow... standin by the side of your parents bed at 3 in the morning breathing heavily and crying with a knife on your hand... we've all been there, haven't we?

Anyways, the kid is probably dead already... but I bet we gonna get some good headlines out of it so... yeah I think it's good PR...

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

DTG said:
I'm sorry but MY money IS more important than some OTHER persons kid. Why should I give a crap about a kid I don't know and who by all accounts is a tool and waste my hard earned money trying to find him. I'd rather spend it on games, rent, whatnot that are actually beneficial for me.

Well, you might want to point more of your ire towards porkbarrel bull**** that the government allows every year.  Because I am sure that wastes a hell of alot more tax dollars than volunteers hunting for a kid.  As for the police, they are getting paid the same amount whether they are searching for the kid or are doing something else.  As far as can be gleened from this news, I don't see the police helping find the kid as being detrimental to the societies safety.  So no tax dollars wasted there.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
I mean this with the utmost respect, when I say that some of you are the most heartless, inconsiderate people I've ever seen. Do you really think the kid would run away from home and hide in a spot where almost no one can find him just because of an argument about his gaming habits? He could have mental conditions that we don't know about, or a tragic event in his life that altered his psyche.

He could be dead for all we know, and his parents must be worried sick. Even though it was expected of them, I still admire Microsoft for offering their help. It isn't their fault if a customer misused their product, but they are still trying to assist the family. Hopefully the boy is found, and he can get help for his gaming addiction and whatever caused him to run away.

To the rest of you, become a parent before you call a kid you know nothing about a "tool."

I'm not a parent, but at least I'm not judging a kid from a news article.

I agree with this.  I have a 15 year old son, and I'm guessing that the problem didn't start with the Xbox... there's probably a lot more going on in the kid's life (school/girlfriend/friend/etc. problems perhaps).  We're having a bit of a struggle right now with how much my son wants to play the Xbox, but my wife and I are trying to help our son understand why he feels so compelled to play for hour after hour, and how *he* might find ways to say no to himself.  A tall order, but giving a kid a sense of self-discipline is sorely lacking (and needed) these days.

@johann, Lmfao!!!

Prettty awesome story imo once I almost escape of my house too since they didn't let my play with my gameboy color.

This is what you get when you don't spank your kids... Fuck, i don't mean beat them to death, but a good ol' spanking always teaches little bastards their place.
If you don't teach your child that who's the boss when their young they'll grow into little jerks and will get you and themselves into a lot of trouble...
I was by no means a model child, but at least I knew that there were limits, and that my parents meant it when they said "stop"!

Listen to the voice of reason, then do as I say.

Wow what a waste of money ms.