By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kid plays too much Xbox, argues with parents, runs away. MS offers reward.

That's pretty stupid... He needs a good smack! And I don't think MS should do that, it's not because of them if this boy's a lame...

Around the Network

edit:....

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

I mean this with the utmost respect, when I say that some of you are the most heartless, inconsiderate people I've ever seen. Do you really think the kid would run away from home and hide in a spot where almost no one can find him just because of an argument about his gaming habits? He could have mental conditions that we don't know about, or a tragic event in his life that altered his psyche.

He could be dead for all we know, and his parents must be worried sick. Even though it was expected of them, I still admire Microsoft for offering their help. It isn't their fault if a customer misused their product, but they are still trying to assist the family. Hopefully the boy is found, and he can get help for his gaming addiction and whatever caused him to run away.

To the rest of you, become a parent before you call a kid you know nothing about a "tool."

I'm not a parent, but at least I'm not judging a kid from a news article.

Ironically, the MS share of the reward money was entirely in Microsoft Points.

Hopefully someone took care of the little brat by now for the sake of rest of humanity. He deserves the worst for wasting public money on this nonsense.

Around the Network

lmao, the guys at microsoft must be pissing their pants...

I mean, think about it, how in the HELL is microsoft responsible, its the parents responsibility

edit:....

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

MontanaHatchet said:
I mean this with the utmost respect, when I say that some of you are the most heartless, inconsiderate people I've ever seen. Do you really think the kid would run away from home and hide in a spot where almost no one can find him just because of an argument about his gaming habits? He could have mental conditions that we don't know about, or a tragic event in his life that altered his psyche.

He could be dead for all we know, and his parents must be worried sick. Even though it was expected of them, I still admire Microsoft for offering their help. It isn't their fault if a customer misused their product, but they are still trying to assist the family. Hopefully the boy is found, and he can get help for his gaming addiction and whatever caused him to run away.

To the rest of you, become a parent before you call a kid you know nothing about a "tool."

I'm not a parent, but at least I'm not judging a kid from a news article.

Good point Montana, and I agree totally with what you said.  We dont know all the facts, he could have problems the media failed to mention. I hope and pray the kid is found and he is ok.  Hopefully his parents can set limits for him and make him understand there are more important things in life besides video games. (although I cant think of any right now)  J/K

Microsoft is offering the reward just for the PR. They dont give a shit about that kid.

Tifa got MOVES!

Jinova said:

Microsoft is offering the reward just for the PR

This.

Microsoft is a gigantic company consisting of thousands of employees. Which part of Microsoft doesn't care about this kid?