By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If Xbox could run Doom3 & HL2 is it impossible Wii could run 360/PS3 games?

Here are the recommended specs of D3 & HL2 when released on the PC(from IGN):

D3 Recommended Requirements:
2.4GHz P4 or equivalent
512MB RAM
128MB 3D card with vertex and pixel shaders

HL2 Recommended Requirements:
2.4GHz CPU or equivalent
512MB RAM
Radeon 9700 Pro or GeForce FX 5600

Now here are the Xbox specs                        & Wii's

CPU: 733Mhz Celeron                                       CPU: 729Mhz Power PC(much more efficient than Xbox's)

RAM: 64MB                                                           RAM: 88MB(runs faster than Xbox's)

GPU: 233 Mhz 64MB Geforce 3/4 equivalent GPU: 243 Mhz ATI

Numbers alone don't tell the whole story but the Wii is significantly more efficient than Xbox and even though the CPU & RAM look similiar Wii actually has a big advantage in these areas, the GPU I'm not so sure about, maybe a techie can let us know.

So considering Xbox ran 2 games which required far beefier components in their origional form is it really out of the question that Wii, which is quite a bit more powerful, could run some of the games released on 360 and PS3? So far RE4, a GC game, is probably the best looking game on Wii so are we just assuming Wii doesn't have much under the hood when really dev's just haven't exploited it's potential yet?

Could we be sitting round the little white console a year or so from now laughing at the baseless conclusions we drew regarding it's capabilities this early in it's lifespan?

Hus said:

Grow up and stop trolling.

Around the Network

Nintendo fan here: Yes, it is impossible make Wii run the same games as X360 and PS3. Unless it is too much downgraded and looks like GeForce 2 MX games.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

All PS3/360 games can run on the Wii......

At .05 fps.....

You will NEVER ever see the likes of FF MGS4 Gears Killzone GTA4 done on the wii.

If the devs make a weak PS3/360 game then it might be possible. If your looking for ports for the wii, its getting plenty from PS2/PSP.

I share your opinions, but I never had the balls to post it. Just talking about multi platform games on Wii/360/PS3 is enough to be called a fool. Quake 4 is an example of a game that run OK on my 2.8 GHz, 1 G ram PC, ATI RADEON 9600 XP - a shitty PC - but had serious issues on the 360. In the end it is all about talented developers.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network

Not to mention HL2 sucked on Xbox...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
Not to mention HL2 sucked on Xbox...

It got a 90 on Metacritic.

Hus said:

DonWii said:
All PS3/360 games can run on the Wii......

At .05 fps.....

But wouldn't you have said the same thing about Doom3 & HL2 running on Xbox before they were announced?

I'm not saying that a Wii version of a 360 or PS3 game would look anywhere near as good but then neither did the above 2 games on Xbox as PC.

Hus said:

HL2 and D3 are poor graphically in XBOX.

Wii never play games at same graphics level of 360/PS3 and the Nintendo never wanted this.

ItsaMii said:
I share your opinions, but I never had the balls to post it. Just talking about multi platform games on Wii/360/PS3 is enough to be called a fool. Quake 4 is an example of a game that run OK on my 2.8 GHz, 1 G ram PC, ATI RADEON 9600 XP - a shitty PC - but had serious issues on the 360. In the end it is all about talented developers.

Well Rockstar's 360 table tennis title is coming to Wii and as far as I know is using the same engine so right there you've got a game spanning Wii/360!

Hus said: