By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Just finished MGS 3: Snake Eater... dear god

I know it's an old game, but I finally got round to playing it and finished it yesterday night. Just wanted to share with you guys that this is the most moving, beautiful ending to a game I've ever seen, and there has never been a videogame that got me this close to crying.

I suppose I should give out a SPOILER warning for those few who still intend to play this game...

The gameplay was starting to bore me actually, but then I got to the part where you have to plant the C3 in the Groznyj Grad Hangar. The 2-3 hours after that were some of the most memorable pieces I've ever seen: fighting Volgin in an epic battle, Ocelot turning his back on the Colonel, the Shagohod chasing me while I was doing drive-by on the motorcycle, finally hearing the Metal Gear Solid theme in the background for the first time while the Shagohod crawled out of the river, EVA getting impaled, and then...

The epic battle with the Boss, and of course the cutscene that precedes it. I was already moved, especially by the setting in the white flower bed. Then, when the Boss lies at your feet, there's a cutscene, but you have to pull your trigger yourself. This simple thing really moved me; I felt like I was ending a life here, not just shooting at some pixels. Then the beautiful music, while the flowers turned red... shivers down my spine.

Then the final 'battle' with Ocelot, where you really start to respect the man, and the bond between him and Snake.

EVA turning out to be... not quite what you expected.

Snake going to the president, feeling out of place and deserted, refusing to shake hands...

But the very best, most moving scene was Snake, walking up to the Boss' grave. EVA's voice, full of sadness, explaining the situation, the music, Snake bowing forward, and then the obituary on her grave:

'A patriot who died for her homeland'

I had a lump down my throat and was almost crying. But the game had one more revelation for me: the true identity of Ocelot, coming as a total surprise. And to cap it all off, the brass James Bond theme ending it all. Dear god what a game. What it lacks in gameplay it makes up for with a moving and credible story. It is decent as a game, but it's one of the best movies I've ever seen.

Just wanted to have that said . How did you feel about this ending and the game itself?

I drink your milkshake.

Around the Network

One of the best games of all times.

MGS series & FF series have always been my favorites video games.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

I know exactly what you mean. One of the most beautiful pieces of work I've ever had the joy of experiencing.

T013 said:

I know it's an old game, but I finally got round to playing it and finished it yesterday night. Just wanted to share with you guys that this is the most moving, beautiful ending to a game I've ever seen, and there has never been a videogame that got me this close to crying.

I suppose I should give out a SPOILER warning for those few who still intend to play this game...

The gameplay was starting to bore me actually, but then I got to the part where you have to plant the C3 in the Groznyj Grad Hangar. The 2-3 hours after that were some of the most memorable pieces I've ever seen: fighting Volgin in an epic battle, Ocelot turning his back on the Colonel, the Shagohod chasing me while I was doing drive-by on the motorcycle, finally hearing the Metal Gear Solid theme in the background for the first time while the Shagohod crawled out of the river, EVA getting impaled, and then...

The epic battle with the Boss, and of course the cutscene that precedes it. I was already moved, especially by the setting in the white flower bed. Then, when the Boss lies at your feet, there's a cutscene, but you have to pull your trigger yourself. This simple thing really moved me; I felt like I was ending a life here, not just shooting at some pixels. Then the beautiful music, while the flowers turned red... shivers down my spine.

Then the final 'battle' with Ocelot, where you really start to respect the man, and the bond between him and Snake.

EVA turning out to be... not quite what you expected.

Snake going to the president, feeling out of place and deserted, refusing to shake hands...

But the very best, most moving scene was Snake, walking up to the Boss' grave. EVA's voice, full of sadness, explaining the situation, the music, Snake bowing forward, and then the obituary on her grave:

'A patriot who died for her homeland'

I had a lump down my throat and was almost crying. But the game had one more revelation for me: the true identity of Ocelot, coming as a total surprise. And to cap it all off, the brass James Bond theme ending it all. Dear god what a game. What it lacks in gameplay it makes up for with a moving and credible story. It is decent as a game, but it's one of the best movies I've ever seen.

Just wanted to have that said . How did you feel about this ending and the game itself?

Yep its great game with G:s.

Btw,your singnatures are way too long.Delete them to time stamp or mods migh ban you.

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network

A bloody classic this game....i love the boss battles, against the end in particular

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

I almost cried especially when he stands at the graveyard and the music starts.

Spoiler Warning don't watch it if you still have to play MGS3

The music part starts at 8.20.

MGS3 ending made all of us cry :(

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

The End battle just epic. Considering begin a new game just to see what happens if I place TNTs in all his sniping points

I never fighted the End he died from his age. (Yeah that can happen, just save when you are at the End and then don't play the game for 24 hours).