By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Just finished MGS 3: Snake Eater... dear god

I hated this game.

Around the Network
superbeast1370 said:
outlawauron said:
MGS 3 and 4 are both phenominal!

all MGS's (except TTS) are phenominal, but MGS2 gets a -1 because of Raiden. and it's hard to decide which MGS has the best story/Soundtrack.

I have yet to see a valid reason for TTS being worse than MGS.  Maybe you can provide me with one.  And if you say it's cause it went too far over the top, you had better hate MGS3 and 4 and despise MGS2.

For the record I own and have played every version of every MGS game including TTS, and it's signifficantly better than the standard of MGS1.  On the other hand, I hated the plot of MGS2, and was sad to see how much it hurt MGS4 by proxy, which had to spend most of its time trying to fix MGS2's massive amounts of BS rather than tell much of its own story.

naznatips said:
superbeast1370 said:
outlawauron said:
MGS 3 and 4 are both phenominal!

all MGS's (except TTS) are phenominal, but MGS2 gets a -1 because of Raiden. and it's hard to decide which MGS has the best story/Soundtrack.

I have yet to see a valid reason for TTS being worse than MGS.  Maybe you can provide me with one.  And if you say it's cause it went too far over the top, you had better hate MGS3 and 4 and despise MGS2.

For the record I own and have played every version of every MGS game including TTS, and it's signifficantly better than the standard of MGS1.  On the other hand, I hated the plot of MGS2, and was sad to see how much it hurt MGS4 by proxy, which had to spend most of its time trying to fix MGS2's massive amounts of BS rather than tell much of its own story.

TTS is worse because of the stupid John Woo inspired cut scenes. Snake is NOT a cyber ninja, his actions broke character and identity just to try and become more dynamic. The graphics and aiming system is much better than the original though, but the cutscenes really left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Would Gears of War be just as good if Marcus Fenix started to do acrobatic back flips and had the ability to jump on missles, all while fighting locusts? no.

I'm sorry but I don't see how that's any worse than the cutscenes in MGS2 at all. Ridiculously cheesy and over-the-top. At least TTS had the advantage of not making its plot quite as bonkers as well.

perpride said:
shanbcn said:
One of the best games of all times.

This.

My outlook on video gaming changed completely after MGS2 & 3, somehow 4 managed to be even better.

that's exactly how i feel.

"You have the right to the remains of a silent attorney"

Around the Network

For me all of the MGS games have been epic but Snake eater was my fav, The bosses were just so cool. The End being the pick of the buch.

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

:) Wow, how you bring up the greatest of memories. I didn't become a hardcore gamer until after snake eater had been released. When Subsistence came out I had become a hardcore gamer priding myself on buying any game that came out with decent ratings. I remember hearing a lot about MGS in the past from friends but in my younger age I only played rpgs and nothing else. Anyways, I picked it up and it was the most incredible experiance I had ever had playing a game. Hell, subsistence turned me on to online gaming as well. After beating this game I tracked down 2, TTS and 1. It was funny though because I played the entire series backwards. I've beaten all of the games in the series multiple times but none so much as I've beating 3. I've played and beaten it more then 10 times. It's so bad that my girlfriend has seen me play the entire game through at least 4-5 times and could tell you the story all the way through. We talk about MGS all the time, it's hilarious. MGS4 barely managed to top 3 as my favorite game in the series and favorite game of all time but mostly due to the controls and the stronger package all together although small parts of 3 blow mgs4 out of the water such as the ending and The END + The Boss being the greatest bosses ever.

Answering the question about mgs2's ending. Mgs2 story was much more confusing to many players and it has twists and turns throughout and ultimately deludes into a convoluted mess of pseudo psychology. It has a lot to do with (Spoilers?) how we as Americans and ultimately human beings have become weaker due to the internet and how we are polluting the net with gossip and garbage that will remain forever which pollutes society. it has a lot of Social Darwinism at the end to say the least. Ultimately, you either love it or hate it. (End Spoilers?) Very few are in the middle. A majority were confused and displeased with the ending which is why MGS3 was "Simplified" which caused players who loved 2 to be displeased with 3. It's ultimately intelligence vs. emotion. Personally I loved the emotion in the ending of 3 and yet still loved the ending to 2 but mostly due to the revelations and Ocelots awesome speech than the convoluted mess. I think the game trys to confuse the player into thinkings its smart really. But it's still an incredible game and even an incredible ending.

PS3 Trophies

What is TTS?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

The Twin Snakes, the Gamecube remake of Metal Gear Solid.

Fun game.

outlawauron said:
What is TTS?

This is what I was wondering but I didn't want to sound dumb, lol.