By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Resident Evil 5 producer - Wii couldn’t handle title screen of RE5

trestres said:
@Okey: It's not that. I accept that Wii games can't run in HD. But there was no reason to say it that way. Too despective, even if it's true. He should have just said "No, we don't have plans for this so stop asking", rather than saying, "Wii wouldnt be able to run even the title screen, so dont even think about it".

There are ways and ways to say things, the way he said this was inflamatory on purpose.

And I'm not the only one pissed about this, in fact maybe people at GoNintendo make me pissed lol. Just read the comments there, people hate Capcom way more than me.

Rofl, if he said "No, we don't have plans for this so stop asking". Wii fans would continue that petition they had ages ago. I doubt they would stop asking. And they would also probably insult him like they always did before, for not bringing it to the wii ofcoarse. I really don't see it as an insult at all, he's just stating the obvious/fact, that the Wii isn't as strong as the HD brothers. /Sigh I honestly don't understand why people love defending systems alot it's like some1 just insult a member of your family. Btw the only reason I made an account on vgchartz is to mimic and have a few laughs on people here :P it's funny how they argue.

Peace.

Around the Network

Insulting the Wii or not, it's a dumb statement. It doesn't prove the Wii can't handle the game. It just proves the guy can brag. Even if there is a lot going on in the title screen like in Dead Rising, that doesn't mean it's impossible to remake it on the Wii's level.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Roma said:
Ajax said:

and how can this be an insult to Wii owners?

if the Wii can't handle something than it can't handle something; nothing insulting about that

By comparing it to the PS2 when it is far superior! If he mentioned the GC then that would be ok, for me at least :P

If by far superior you mean two times more powerful then yes..

mM

Honestly this is what i see this gen

People think the PS3 AND 360 are just HD, thats it, in other words its only a resolution difference.

While the WII is the same visuals at a lower resolution, and that simply isnt the case..

mM

Honestly, I don't think the Wii could handle Dead Rising's (360) title screen! We're still getting Chop 'Til You Drop. *

*By "We're", I mean "You're". I ain't buying that thing!!

Around the Network

Wow! Look at that title screen. *drools*

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Soriku said:
@Bob

MH3 is coming to the US. They've already said they want the series bigger in the West a lot of times already.

Ah I didn't knew that.

TvC may not come but importing a fighting game isn't hard at all.

Well it is very hard almost impossible to import them here in mexico except if they are pirates, which I don't support.

Spyborgs could be good. It has a good team behind it. I don't get why people just call it crap and we haven't seen it for a while yet and it could be a great game with how much time they had. They want the Spyborgs' brand to be huge...they better start with a good game.

...Ok that's a good point. I hope so.

Fragile may never come out here? What is this bull I'm hearing? People are taking that one (crap) article over 5 Wii games that may never come to America too literally. EVERY tri-Crescendo game has made it to the West so why not Fragile? Seriously, that's bull dude.

Well so far there hasn't been anything official but who knows.

SC IV? SC isn't even their best series. Nor their only one. I'll take these "2 RPGs" (don't forget ToS: DotNW. Or if you counted that, a new Wii Tales is being made. So 3 RPGs. 4 if we ever heard anything about Sword of Legendia.) over SC any day of the week.

No but is one of their most important series. What I meant is that they don't even considered pmaking a wii version and I can't understand why. It seems that for them the wii is not that important for such series only for crappy ports but I may be wrong. and I have to be honest, I am not very fond of RPGs ^^;

I am just tired of companies treating the wii as a leper. Yeah yeah they were surprised and nobody expected it. But it has passed 2 years and they are still "confused". I don't see the logic.

But I may be wrong. I hope so.

But.... but... but I signed an online petition to bring RE5 to Wii.

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Well i love RE series, and that's real shame they not putting it on the Wii, especially after their last 4 RE games were on Nintendo Console (0, REmake, 4 and the UC).

That's the decision they made some time ago (to deliver HD title) and i respect it, i am sure that they will create a RE Wii game, because they wont ignore the massive userbase that Wii has (especially in JApan). So as long as i get something like Code Veronica on the Wii i will be happy.

As for Capcom; i think they are one of the most solid publishers on the Wii, with MH3 coming out on this system. Maybe they will port RE5 to the wii using some sort of RE 4.5 Engine, like they did with the PS2 in the past? Companies slowly realise that HD gaming is not as profitiable.

As for 3rd party support, there are tons of quality games coming soon so i will be busy enough without crying about not having RE5. I just dont see the point of comments that were made by that guy just say "RE 5 wont be on the Wii" and that's it.

It's really sad that trestres is defending third-party devs so much. People have been making the same argument as him since early 2007. And here we are in late 2008, and the floodgates for the Wii have not yet broken.

It doesn't take years just to announce games. Pre-production takes 6 months to a year at the max. And aren't Wii games supposed to be easier and quicker to develop anyways? This argument may have been valid 6 months ago or so, but now it just looks like desperation.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson