By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New global approval process for PSN games

Global approval process in the works for PSN

Hate the long delays between game releases in America, Europe and Japan? Well, that may be over, according to a report by GameDaily. A change in the game approval process means developers can submit to just one territory, and gain approval in all. "Previously games had to be submitted separately through Sony Europe, Japan, and America. Now, the game idea is sent through a single website for approval."

Sony is hoping this will encourage even more developers to release their games on PlayStation Network. They'll continue to tout the benefits of the PSN: it's free, doesn't require a publishing partner, and can be distributed around the world simultaneously. Will developers be able to refuse this kind of offer?
Link:  http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/10/24/global-approval-process-in-the-works-for-psn
Yay!

Maybe all the good PS1 games JP has will migrate to the Americas.

Around the Network

I hope the PSOne Classics already released in Japan get this treatment.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

Sounds good.

good idea

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

sounds good

Around the Network

Maybe I'll finally get Crash 2?

Awesome. Can I get some PS1 RPG's now?

4 ≈ One

If the old games migrate, Sony should advertise this. Surely SOME people would seize the opportunity to switch to a PS3 if this were possible? And it adds to their library substantially

Brilliant.
Does this apply to the video store as well?

If so, I can get Rearmed, various HD movies and a whole bunch of demos and PSOne classics at fast speeds!

Next step: Translate that MGS1 game on the Japanese PS Store into English. I need to play it. And I don't think many stores sell it now.

Hopefully this wil be retroactive, so this doesn't just apply to the new games.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Sounds Good Sony making new ways 2 cut off the middle man so developers & Sony can make more $ nice