By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Valkyria Chronicles is impressive.

NYANKS said:
dbot said:
I agree with the OP. The demo was really good and the game is not receiving a lot of hype. Let's keep it that way.

I know where you're coming from but I would like this game to make a wave or two. Credit where it's due, you know?  But it is nice sometimes when games aren't hyped to oblivion.

I know...I thought Oblivion was overhyped too.

Around the Network
Tremble said:
Well I tried the demo and it's really good, but here is the problem: little big planet, motorstorm 2, resistance 2, tomb raider underworld, prince of persia: I wanna try them all! So I won't buy VC, or maybe later if there is a slow ps3 month.

You prefer them to VC...?

What...?

disolitude said:
So wait...this is a good sega game? And not a 2nd party sega game like Condemned(monolith) series Sonic Chronicles(bioware). This was internally developed by sega.

How can this be?

Oh yes. It's fantastic. I would like everyone to the link in my signature. It's the thread to go to for all info regarding Valkyria Chronicles.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

i'm really looking forward to this game, too. going to download the demo tonight... you better not be lying to me!

hopefully this will help sales in japan at least.

mtofu said:

i'm really looking forward to this game, too. going to download the demo tonight... you better not be lying to me!

hopefully this will help sales in japan at least.

It's already out in Japan.  It has sold 150k so far.  I don't know if that's good or bad.  I don't make any assumptions about Japan anymore.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
disolitude said:
So wait...this is a good sega game? And not a 2nd party sega game like Condemned(monolith) series Sonic Chronicles(bioware). This was internally developed by sega.

How can this be?

Oh yes. It's fantastic. I would like everyone to the link in my signature. It's the thread to go to for all info regarding Valkyria Chronicles.

I think it was done by the same team that normally handle Sakura Taisen.

Real-time Sakura Taisen 4 Dreamcast Intro using in-game objects ala Skies of Arcadia:

I think this is where Sega's talent pool went.  Sadly the franchise doesn't leave Japan.  Glad to see Valkyria Chronicles is almost here though.

Edit:  Yep. Soriku has it right...

Overworks (previously called AM7) was the Sega video game development group responsible for series like Skies of Arcadia, Streets of Rage, Revenge of Shinobi, Sakura Wars, and Phantasy Star. In 2004, Overworks was merged with Sega's Wow Entertainment division, best known for the House of the Dead series, to form Sega WOW.

I wasn't sure they had done Sakura Taisen but I had a strong feeling about it.

Indeed it is.

4 ≈ One

its out on the 31st here and im gonna get it but lbp motorstorm and resistance will get in way, not to mention siren blood curse is getting bluray release on 31st also lol i need a good survival horror and siren seems to be better than silent hilll and alone in the fart. ive jus got farcry 2wday its awsome, now is the time to buy a ps3 u will simply be missing out, games like lbp dont come often

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Its sweet no doubt! The graphics arent so 'realistic' as like... MGS4 But they are more... Wauwish XD.

After playing the demo last nite, I jumped immediately to Amazon to pre-order it -- and lucky me, its $56.99 and I get $10 off my next game from Amazon, just for pre-ordering.

Like many SRPGs and JRPGs, its greatness may not come through in its sales -- I wanted to make sure I wasn't eBaying for one next year, for like $100, due to limited numbers of copies made.  $47 is decently cheap for a great SRPG -- and they don't come along that often.  I think there's a good chance this one will be a keeper.

That... and I felt as though I was helping the SRPG cause by pre-ordering.  SRPGs and JRPGs are all-but-spit-upon by western publishers -- that needs to change, and badly.