By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

mgs 4 is one of the best games ever made. There.

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network

It was the original Splinter Cell grafted onto MGS2. Good game, fun at points, typical Kojima self-indulgence that makes me want to scream during every overdrawn and poorly-written cut scene. The final battle is a perfect example of the entire game... Brilliantly epic and fun - in a fan service sense - with the shittiest control system I've endured in years.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Disapointing sales?

Lets relook!

MGS1 = 5.59 m

MGS2 = 5.58 m

MGS3 = 4.01 m

MGS4 = 3.32 m(WITHOUT BUNDLES)

My prediction is that MGS4 Will ATLEAST reach 4.00m in the end. If you look at the diffrence theres basically only 1 million diff comparing it to PS3's little base against PS1-2's.

With that said i say the sales are decent and its like what? 3rd place on the most sold PS3 game. Sure you said relative ;D but 1 million diff on PS2 against PS3 isn't that much.

lol, this is funnier than what happended with GTA IV

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

SHMUPGurus said:

It saddens me to read a few posts in here... Really. I feel bad for humanity.

With that said, the game isn't made for any fanboy, it's made for fans of the Metal Gear series. It's the conclusion of the story of a hero that lived for a few generations of video gaming.

It is Kojima's culmination of years of developing the series, and its peak. Let me just say this: It shows. The game deserves way more than a 10 in my book.

Do you even know what a ten is supposed to signify.

Around the Network

Kojima has one ability that's above all, and that is to objectively portray widely different characters driven by the most uncommon and extreme motivations. You simply can not put yourself in the shoes of those people, yet he manages to do it and he does it laughing. I find the writing Oscar worthy to the very last word.

He goes very deep into the phychology of a person who lost everything and acts like a kamikaze, a person which is willingly living the last hours of life, a person that sacrificed everything for another or a person that simply doesn't give a damn. It is written in an eastern fashion obviously, with heavy emphasys on exposition and melodrama and that's one reason why some feel overwhelmed by the story, but patience is a vitrue, and in this one the pay offs are immense. And there's another catch - you have to have experienced the previous story, otherwise you'll grasp maybe half of MGS4's at best.

Regardless, i have a word of advice for anyone that hasn't played it yet: go for it. You're in for a one of a kind ride as it is very likely this level of quality will never be achieved again in this medium.

"You have the right to the remains of a silent attorney"

Khuutra said:
SHMUPGurus said:

With that said, the game isn't made for any fanboy, it's made for fans of the Metal Gear series. It's the conclusion of the story of a hero that lived for a few generations of video gaming.

It is Kojima's culmination of years of developing the series, and its peak. Let me just say this: It shows. The game deserves way more than a 10 in my book.

I believe I do, but if there are some mysterious significations to it, please feel free to share them with me. Seriously...?

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

SHMUPGurus said:
Khuutra said:
SHMUPGurus said:

I believe I do, but if there are some mysterious significations to it, please feel free to share them with me. Seriously...?

A 10 means "this game is as good as can be", or "this game is rated as highly as possible". You cannot go over ten. It's like trying to give something a grade of over a potential 100% - it's possible, but completely arbitrary and meaningless.

There is no score over 10 on the 1-10 scale because it goes from one to ten, ten being the best, and you can't be better than the best.

Khuutra said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Khuutra said:
SHMUPGurus said:

A 10 means "this game is as good as can be", or "this game is rated as highly as possible". You cannot go over ten. It's like trying to give something a grade of over a potential 100% - it's possible, but completely arbitrary and meaningless.

There is no score over 10 on the 1-10 scale because it goes from one to ten, ten being the best, and you can't be better than the best.

There is a saying that goes like ''give it your 110%!'' I believe Kojima gave his 110%... So if I take a humoristic approach to the ''big deal'' I've created, it believe it can be superior to 100%. It's better than the rest of the best, that's all! xD

But seriously, who cares?

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

I do, because I do not subscribe to the road to madness and disarray which is lead to by scores of 11/10.