By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Wii third party game explosion has begun!

Also, Adding another post to my post count... XD

I just want to add, That's ALOT of games announced!

I also want to add, since this is a sales site and all, how many of those will sell over 200,000 in their life?

Just becuase the console has 200 games avaliable for it in it's first year, how many 'units' will it sell? And I'm talking sell. If you dont count first party games, how many games on average does the average 3rd party game sell on the Wii? How many do they sell on other consoles? 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network
totalwar23 said:
windbane said:
your mother said:
windbane said:
your mother said:
Bodhesatva said:

Here is this month's list of newly announced exclusives:

http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=725

PS3: 3 new exclusive titles announced
360: 5 new exclusive titles announced
Wii: 37 new exclusive titles announced

That's an enormous swing: given that the PS3 and Wii had nearly identical totals of exclusives when they were launched, the Wii now has 2.5 times as many.

2.5x as many - as launch exclusives, you mean.

Going by your numbers, the Wii is getting 7.4x more exclusives than the 360, and 12.3x the number of exculsives compared to the PS3; combining both the PS3 and 360 you still get 4.6x the number os exclusives.

That's some cute math, but completely disregards the games that are just on the 360 and PS3 as I've said.

There. I've highlighted the relevant points to facilitate your reading comprehension.

I specifically stated that "going by your (Bodhesatva's) numbers..."

What you posted afterwards is kind of hard for me to take into account, becuse unfortunately I lack the clairvoyant skills to preempt what you will say in the future.

And yes, I have an innate ability to make numbers look cuddly and gorgeous. Thanks for the compliment.

You are still ignoring all the games announced for the 360 and PS3 that will not be on the Wii. You can not "combine" the PS3 and 360 exclusives and get 4.6 times the exclusives for the Wii because you aren't including the games that are on both the PS3 and 360, such as the many I named above.

and the cross platforming between the 360, PS3, and PC will mean that the PS3 and 360 will fight tooth and nail against each other for consumers while the Wii avoids the bloodshed. By combining the exclusives of the 360 and PS3 against Wii exclusives, you're effectively saying people will buy BOTH the PS3 and 360 rather get the single Wii. More likely, people will go for a 360/Wii or 360/PS3 combination. Get the best of both worlds and that will hurt both 360 and PS3 sales. You combine the 360 and PS3 together when in fact there are bitter rivals.

I am not at all saying that people will get both the PS3 and 360.  I agree with you that it's more likely that people get a Wii in addition to a PS3 or 360.  I'm doing it.

What I am saying is this:  if you want to get one console you get either the 360 or PS3 based on the number of games that will be just on the 360 or the PS3.  This is only based on the number of high-profile titles, obviously everyone will have their preferences.

I'm just saying that this huge number that is thrown around for the Wii doesn't mean anything to someone that is only getting 1 console.  If you are getting 1 console, you include all the games that the PS3 or 360 are getting.  OR is the key word.  Bodhesatva keeps saying I am lumping them together, but I am not.  What I am saying is that all the 360/PS3 games that will not be on the Wii probably surpass (in quantity at least) the number of exclusives that the Wii is getting. 

If you are deciding between a 360 and PS3, it's a whole different argument.  I think the PS3's first party lineup is far better, and so far the third party lineup is slightly better on the PS3, imo.  If you compare a PS3 to the Wii, you include all the games both have.  If you compare a 360 to a Wii, you include all the games both have.

Saying the Wii is getting exclusives is not telling the whole story of the quantity/quality of games that will be on the Wii when compared to any other SINGLE console. 

Kwaad said:

I also want to add, since this is a sales site and all, how many of those will sell over 200,000 in their life?

Just becuase the console has 200 games avaliable for it in it's first year, how many 'units' will it sell? And I'm talking sell. If you dont count first party games, how many games on average does the average 3rd party game sell on the Wii? How many do they sell on other consoles?

Many off thm have a chance of selling 200 in the lifetime (*including pricecuts)

-Cooking Mama: Cook Off; Elebits; Red Steel; Sonic and the Secret rings; Super Swing Golf;Balls of Fury;Bleach: Shattered Blade;Cruis'n; Chocobo's Dungeon: The City of Forgotten Time; Boogie; Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party; *Dewy's Adventure; *Dragon Blade: Wrath of Fire; EA Playground; Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers; Geometry Wars: Galaxies; Ghost Squad; Harvest Moon Wii; Medal of Honor Heroes 2; Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution; No More Heroes; Rayman Raving Rabbids 2; Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles; Soul Calibur Legends; Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure; My Sims.

29 3rd party exclusive that could sell over 200k, and some others I may have missed.

Look at that 166. ;) (edit: I am going to go eat.  I hate to miss out on this )

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Let me say it another way: there are more system sellers that are not on the Wii than are...from what was shown so far through E3. Obviously, that is my opinion, but I think a more useful list would be all the games upcoming for each system. If that site included multi-platform games in 3 different categories I'd appreciate the site more. It needs 360-PS3, PS3-Wii, and 360-Wii categories.

Edit:  As it is now, the site is not useful for someone only buying 1 console.  It is misleading because there are games that are not possible on the Wii that are being made for the other 2 systems.  Those games count for both of the other systems individually.  It is leaving out all the multi-plat titles as if they are on all the consoles (such as Madden), which is not the case (NCAA Football is not on the Wii...that's very important to me and a certain Nintendo fan I know).

PS3 fans bitch that sites are always bias agianst the PS3, not surprisingly they really are.

The list is way wrong.

Missing PS3 games from the list.

Socom 4
Socom Confrontation
Super Star dust
Echocrome
Aqua Vita
Sky blu
Snakeball
Super rub a dub
Nucleus
Calling all cars
Blast Factor
Battle Field Valkyrie
Disgaea 3
Elefunk
Dynasty Warriors 6
Go! Sports Ski
Imabikisou
Loco Roco
High Velocity Bowling
Megazone 23: Blue Garland
Nobi Nobi Boy
Railfan Taiwan

Only 22 games missing, great source site Bodhesatva.

Around the Network
Kwaad said:

So far 360 has the best third party sales.  Between the Wii and PS3, the Wii has the best third party sales.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Nonquihote said:
PS3 fans bitch that sites are always bias agianst the PS3, not surprisingly they really are.

The list is way wrong.

Socom 4
Socom Confrontation
Super Star dust
Echocrome
Aqua Vita
Sky blu
Snakeball
Super rub a dub
Nucleus
Calling all cars
Blast Factor
Battle Field Valkyrie
Disgaea 3
Elefunk
Dynasty Warriors 6
Go! Sports Ski
Imabikisou
Loco Roco
High Velocity Bowling
Nobi Nobi Boy
Railfan Taiwan

Touche. I had not looked at the list as I should have. Those are announced as well, so the site can't claim they are unannounced. Those were all openly announced at E3.

Of note, the site does not include new downloadable games which are non-existent on the Wii. Go figure, huh? That does eliminate a lot of games you mentioned, but it's dubious that those games not be mentioned anyway.

The site does include the over-priced Geometry Wars port, though, just because they are charging full price in a store for it instead of the download on Live and PC. Wow.

windbane said:
Nonquihote said:

The list is way wrong.

Socom 4
Socom Confrontation
Super Star dust
Echocrome
Aqua Vita
Sky blu
Snakeball
Super rub a dub
Nucleus
Calling all cars
Blast Factor
Battle Field Valkyrie
Disgaea 3
Elefunk
Dynasty Warriors 6
Go! Sports Ski
Imabikisou
Loco Roco
High Velocity Bowling
Nobi Nobi Boy
Railfan Taiwan

Touche. I had not looked at the list as I should have. Those are announced as well, so the site can't claim they are unannounced. Those were all openly announced at E3.

Of note, the site does not include new downloadable games which are non-existent on the Wii. Go figure, huh? That does eliminate a lot of games you mentioned, but it's dubious that those games not be mentioned anyway.

The site does include the over-priced Geometry Wars port, though, just because they are charging full price in a store for it instead of the download on Live and PC. Wow.

If you didn't look at the list, I assume you also didn't look at the rules. There's a reason why those games aren't included, just like Xbox live, Virtual Console, and Wii Ware titles aren't included, either.

Please stop making sarcastic references, Non, when you clearly didn't read. There's nothing more embarrasing than calling someone names when you're actually wrong.

Edit: and to Windbane, there absolutely are already Wii Ware titles announced. That's not even including the virtual console, by the way. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Bodhesatva said:
windbane said:
Nonquihote said:

The list is way wrong.

Socom 4
Socom Confrontation
Super Star dust
Echocrome
Aqua Vita
Sky blu
Snakeball
Super rub a dub
Nucleus
Calling all cars
Blast Factor
Battle Field Valkyrie
Disgaea 3
Elefunk
Dynasty Warriors 6
Go! Sports Ski
Imabikisou
Loco Roco
High Velocity Bowling
Nobi Nobi Boy
Railfan Taiwan

If you didn't look at the list, I assume you also didn't look at the rules. There's a reason why those games aren't included, just like Xbox live, Virtual Console, and Wii Ware titles aren't included, either.

Please stop making sarcastic references, Non, when you clearly didn't read. There's nothing more embarrasing than calling someone names when you're actually wrong.

Wow.

#1. Many of the games he listed are not downloadable.

#2. I didn't pore over the entire list to fact check them because I had other valid points.

#3. I pointed out the rule that leaves out a lot of games.

#4. I can be sarcastic when I want, especially when you are quoting a biased website (or, at best, inaccurate).

#5.  They need to include downloadable games.

#6.  They need to include multi-plat games that aren't on all 3 consoles. 

The PS3 list apparently completely ignored all the PS3 exclusive games that were revealed in the last week in Japan:

Disgaea 3, Samurai Warriors 6, Nobi Nobi Boy, Battlefield Valkyrie.

Also, I think the list of new 3rd party exclusives speaks for itself about how 'great' the 3rd party support for Wii is:

Action Girlz Racing
Anubis II
Arctic Tale
Balls of Fury
Hooked! Real Motion Fishing
Billy the Wizard
Blast Works: Build, Fuse & Destroy
Bleach: Shattered Blade
Counter Force
Cruis'n
De Blob
Dragon Blade: Wrath of Fire
EA Trivia
Fishing Master
Furu Furu Park
Game Party
Garfield Gets Real
Hannah Montana: Spotlight World Tour
Harvest Moon Wii
Indianapolis 500 Legends
Jenga
Medal of Honor Heroes 2
Mini Desktop Racing
My Horse and Me
Myth Makers Super Kart GP
Monster Trux Extreme
Ninjabread Man
Nitrobike
Offroad Extreme
Project PQRS
Rock N Roll Adventures: Elviz
Super Swing Golf: Season 2
Tramua Center: New Blood
Ultimate Duck Hunting
Yamaha Supercross

I see five games of any worth and lots of garbage around it. Also, 10 of the games are from the same budget company that is churning them out at an alarming rate.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!