By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Wii third party game explosion has begun!

windbane said:
Bodhesatva said:
windbane said:
Nonquihote said:
PS3 fans bitch that sites are always bias agianst the PS3, not surprisingly they really are.

The list is way wrong.

Missing PS3 games from the list.

Socom 4
Socom Confrontation
Super Star dust
Echocrome
Aqua Vita
Sky blu
Snakeball
Super rub a dub
Nucleus
Calling all cars
Blast Factor
Battle Field Valkyrie
Disgaea 3
Elefunk
Dynasty Warriors 6
Go! Sports Ski
Imabikisou
Loco Roco
High Velocity Bowling
Megazone 23: Blue Garland
Nobi Nobi Boy
Railfan Taiwan

Only 22 games missing, great source site Bodhesatva.

Touche. I had not looked at the list as I should have. Those are announced as well, so the site can't claim they are unannounced. Those were all openly announced at E3.

Of note, the site does not include new downloadable games which are non-existent on the Wii. Go figure, huh? That does eliminate a lot of games you mentioned, but it's dubious that those games not be mentioned anyway.

The site does include the over-priced Geometry Wars port, though, just because they are charging full price in a store for it instead of the download on Live and PC. Wow.

If you didn't look at the list, I assume you also didn't look at the rules. There's a reason why those games aren't included, just like Xbox live, Virtual Console, and Wii Ware titles aren't included, either.

Please stop making sarcastic references, Non, when you clearly didn't read. There's nothing more embarrasing than calling someone names when you're actually wrong.

Wow.

#1. Many of the games he listed are not downloadable.

#2. I didn't pore over the entire list to fact check them because I had other valid points.

#3. I pointed out the rule that leaves out a lot of games.

#4. I can be sarcastic when I want, especially when you are quoting a biased website (or, at best, inaccurate).

Did you not see I directed most of that post at Non? I specifically used his name. The games not included that are actual retail games have been announced in the last week. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
The PS3 list apparently completely ignored all the PS3 exclusive games that were revealed in the last week in Japan:

Disgaea 3, Samurai Warriors 6, Nobi Nobi Boy, Battlefield Valkyrie.

Also, I think the list of new 3rd party exclusives speaks for itself about how 'great' the 3rd party support for Wii is:

Action Girlz Racing
Anubis II
Arctic Tale
Balls of Fury
Hooked! Real Motion Fishing
Billy the Wizard
Blast Works: Build, Fuse & Destroy
Bleach: Shattered Blade
Counter Force
Cruis'n
De Blob
Dragon Blade: Wrath of Fire
EA Trivia
Fishing Master
Furu Furu Park
Game Party
Garfield Gets Real
Hannah Montana: Spotlight World Tour
Harvest Moon Wii
Indianapolis 500 Legends
Jenga
Medal of Honor Heroes 2
Mini Desktop Racing
My Horse and Me
Myth Makers Super Kart GP
Monster Trux Extreme
Ninjabread Man
Nitrobike
Offroad Extreme
Project PQRS
Rock N Roll Adventures: Elviz
Super Swing Golf: Season 2
Tramua Center: New Blood
Ultimate Duck Hunting
Yamaha Supercross

I see five games of any worth and lots of garbage around it. Also, 10 of the games are from the same budget company that is churning them out at an alarming rate.

One more time:

Pre-November 2006: The PS3 will dominate this generation. The Wii may be Nintendo's last console.

January 2007: Okay, the Wii is selling well right now, but it's just a fad. It will fade by March.

March 2007: Okay, the Wii is still selling well, but where are the games? There are very few games announced for the Wii.

June/July 2007: Okay, the Wii now has way more exclusive titles announced than either other system, but where are the games I like?

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Bodhesatva said:
windbane said:
Bodhesatva said:
windbane said:
Nonquihote said:
PS3 fans bitch that sites are always bias agianst the PS3, not surprisingly they really are.

The list is way wrong.

Socom 4
Socom Confrontation
Super Star dust
Echocrome
Aqua Vita
Sky blu
Snakeball
Super rub a dub
Nucleus
Calling all cars
Blast Factor
Battle Field Valkyrie
Disgaea 3
Elefunk
Dynasty Warriors 6
Go! Sports Ski
Imabikisou
Loco Roco
High Velocity Bowling
Nobi Nobi Boy
Railfan Taiwan

Touche. I had not looked at the list as I should have. Those are announced as well, so the site can't claim they are unannounced. Those were all openly announced at E3.

Of note, the site does not include new downloadable games which are non-existent on the Wii. Go figure, huh? That does eliminate a lot of games you mentioned, but it's dubious that those games not be mentioned anyway.

The site does include the over-priced Geometry Wars port, though, just because they are charging full price in a store for it instead of the download on Live and PC. Wow.

If you didn't look at the list, I assume you also didn't look at the rules. There's a reason why those games aren't included, just like Xbox live, Virtual Console, and Wii Ware titles aren't included, either.

Please stop making sarcastic references, Non, when you clearly didn't read. There's nothing more embarrasing than calling someone names when you're actually wrong.

Wow.

#2. I didn't pore over the entire list to fact check them because I had other valid points.

#4. I can be sarcastic when I want, especially when you are quoting a biased website (or, at best, inaccurate).

Did you not see I directed most of that post at Non? I specifically used his name.

It's still an inaccurate list and incomplete in showing you which console has the most games that aren't on every console.

Edit: but hey, my bad, but you did quote me.

windbane said:
Bodhesatva said:
windbane said:
Bodhesatva said:
windbane said:
Nonquihote said:

The list is way wrong.

Socom 4
Socom Confrontation
Super Star dust
Echocrome
Aqua Vita
Sky blu
Snakeball
Super rub a dub
Nucleus
Calling all cars
Blast Factor
Battle Field Valkyrie
Disgaea 3
Elefunk
Dynasty Warriors 6
Go! Sports Ski
Imabikisou
Loco Roco
High Velocity Bowling
Nobi Nobi Boy
Railfan Taiwan

Wow.

Did you not see I directed most of that post at Non? I specifically used his name.

It's still an inaccurate list and incomplete in showing you which console has the most games that aren't on every console.

Edit: but hey, my bad, but you did quote me.

Yep, no problem, and sorry for the confusing double quote.

This has become a cesspool. Unless someone posts something I feel I absolutely must respond to, I'm done with this thread.

The Wii had a ton more exclusive titles announced for it this month. This was easily the largest growth in third party software for the Wii of any month since it was born. I hope we can all agree that that's a very good thing for the Wii.  

Just cause the wii cant have download games because of its less then PS3 hardware capability, download able games should not count .

You serious ????? rofl.

So Brain age, wii sports and wii play and Endless Ocean are "games"

yet Calling all cars and Socom Confrontation are not ?

The list has Warhawk, yahh it has a Br version with headset SO will Socom Confrontation and its not on the list.

Either way

Socom 4
Battle Field Valkyrie
Disgaea 3
Nobi Nobi Boy
Railfan Taiwan
Dynasty Warriors 6

all come on a disk and are not on the list.

Around the Network

yeah i agree, most of the exclusive titles for the wii are garbage. majesco has like 10 shitty games in there.

Nonquihote said:
Just cause the wii cant have download games because of its less then PS3 hardware capability, download able games should not count .

You serious ????? rofl.

So Brain age, wii sports and wii play and Endless Ocean are "games"

yet Calling all cars and Socom Confrontation are not ?

The list has Warhawk, yahh it has a Br version with headset SO will Socom Confrontation and its not on the list.

Either way

Socom 4
Battle Field Valkyrie
Disgaea 3
Nobi Nobi Boy
Railfan Taiwan
Dynasty Warriors 6

all come on a disk and are not on the list.

They do have Socom 5 on the list, which I believe is the 4 you are referencing.  Still, your point is very well taken.

Windbane, you've made your point many posts (and threads) ago, and are no longer adding anything to the discussion, just rehashing the argument.

If you really want to defend your math in an unbiased and informative way, may I suggest you present a list of games each console is not going to get?

What you're doing rigth now is defending that "PS3 exclusives + 360 exclusives + PS360 exclusives" should be pit against "Wii exclusives" - this is clearly unfair. A more fair comparision would be those against "Wii exclusives + 360 exclusives + Wii60 exclusives" or "Wii exclusives + PS3 exclusives + PSWii exclusives".

This, with the added benefit that either of these solutions - Wii60 or PSWii - is significantly cheaper than the PS360 solution.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.

This list seems to be dated. Those Conspiracy games were announced months ago but are listed as new. Conspiracy is essentially porting all their crappy PS2/handheld games to the Wii to cash in. Most third party announcements have been disappointing though I can at least list eight 3p games I'd consider buying.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

Ari_Gold said:
yeah i agree, most of the exclusive titles for the wii are garbage. majesco has like 10 shitty games in there.

Thank you. Some Nintendo person needed to say this. Some of those titles ARE and WILL be good, but some of them WILL NOT. It is great for the Wii they are getting exclusives. More power to it. But let's not bust out the confetti til some of these games receive good reviews.

If this is a permanent trend, however, it could be very bad for the 360 and the PS3, especially if some of the big name developers jump ship. EA is doing a pretty good job courting the Wii audience. Hell, I really want Boogie, that game looks badass. The Sims games I could pass on though, but A LOT of people like those.

Edit:

Not all PS and 360 downloadable games should count (like Super-Rub-A-Dub and Symphony of the Night, old PS1 games and other old system games), but some of them are legitimate and engaging games that offer an alternative to the larger scale games, kind of like Wii Sports and Wii Play.  There is a fine line, and I sure as hell don't know where to draw it, but to say none of them count is misguided. 

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson