By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - OXM gives Gears of War 2 9/10

Skeeuk said:
good score as expected its as good as gears1 which is a good thing sinc when gear1 released there was nothing like it on consoles, so in that case gears 2w is better than 1, although no real gaming innovation in gears2 the fact that its a proven ip will net it huge scores and huge sales, i think as a 2008 game gears2 will sell most. i might pick this up used after xmas for the single playr adventure

LOL. no game is good enough on 360 for skeeuk.

Around the Network

The majority of the top games this year all deserved 9's. 10 is quite a task and an overrated one at that for any of the games out this year. I say good score.

reask said:
Skeeuk said:
good score as expected its as good as gears1 which is a good thing sinc when gear1 released there was nothing like it on consoles, so in that case gears 2w is better than 1, although no real gaming innovation in gears2 the fact that its a proven ip will net it huge scores and huge sales, i think as a 2008 game gears2 will sell most. i might pick this up used after xmas for the single playr adventure

Except for Phantasy Star Universe ;)

if it gets a 9/10 from OXM then thats a bad sign. OXM is supposed to give the overhyped games 2 ratings higher then what it deserves. so its actualy like a 7/10 now.

how can he be playing multiplayer online wen the games isnt being released yet? i gess he meant multiplayer co-op

Around the Network
headshot91 said:
how can he be playing multiplayer online wen the games isnt being released yet? i gess he meant multiplayer co-op

They play it with other memebers of the press and with the devs themselves

deathgod33 said:
if it gets a 9/10 from OXM then thats a bad sign. OXM is supposed to give the overhyped games 2 ratings higher then what it deserves. so its actualy like a 7/10 now.

Not completely true. I think this game will average 9's.

what were his reasons to "only" give it a 9 then?

If he was completely blown away, then it merits a 10, no? A game that enthralls you that you feel like you're in the game yourself and enjoying it completely, deserves a 10 (imho).

Barozi said:
reask said:
Skeeuk said:

Except for Phantasy Star Universe ;)

yep a new phantasy star online, i wud leave everything, online gaming worlds with coop like pso cannot be beaten, i hope wkc has something similr to pso with its online componant. on topic gears 2w will be ace theres no doubt about it, both 360 and ps3e owners should be very happy at thier fall lineups. regarding 10 scores i belive thjhat should only goto games that have excelled wat can be done on a console, if anything gears1 should have gotten a 10 as it ushered in a new sheen of grafix thats never been seen before

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Fable 2 got a 9.5, but nevertheless Gears 2 will sell more.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence