By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo ruined the internet.

lol. well im happy.

Around the Network
Spanx said:

Dinomax that's a matter of opinion. Here's mine: Wii is the only next gen because adds something more than just improved visuals. And sorry, it seems to be the way of next gen gamming:

- Sony copied the wiimote

- Microsoft is hardly rumoured to copy the wiimote
- Motus Darwin apar with many others are wiimote clones available for PC.

Next gen consoles will me all about motion sensing and something beyond it. Quote me! Pads like X360 will die, or in the better case will be second option a lá wii classic pad.

I'm an hardcore gamer, have the casual crap for Wii just for fun with friends. I don't have any other system, and online is just fine to me =)

I crossed out the lies for you. No need to thank me.

First of all sony had a patent for a motion controller in 2004-2003 (so no they didn't copy the wiimote, especailly since the sixaxis functions differently which brings my to my next point.)

The sony system also adds new things in motion recognision. Furthermore it has a plathora of other capabilities the wii does not. Which you could also define as next gen as they weren't there the last gen.

There. Believe what you want.

Check out my game about moles ^

HA HA HA, that was funny.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Staude said:
Spanx said:

Dinomax that's a matter of opinion. Here's mine: Wii is the only next gen because adds something more than just improved visuals. And sorry, it seems to be the way of next gen gamming:

- Sony copied the wiimote
- Microsoft is hardly rumoured to copy the wiimote
- Motus Darwin apar with many others are wiimote clones available for PC.

Next gen consoles will be all about motion sensing and something beyond it. Quote me! Pads like X360 will die, or in the better case will be second option a lá wii classic pad.

I'm an hardcore gamer, have the casual crap for Wii just for fun with friends. I don't have any other system, and online is just fine to me =)

I crossed out the lies for you. No need to thank me.

First of all sony had a patent for a motion controller in 2004-2003 (so no they didn't copy the wiimote, especailly since the sixaxis functions differently which brings my to my next point.)

The sony system also adds new things in motion recognision. Furthermore it has a plathora of other capabilities the wii does not. Which you could also define as next gen as they weren't there the last gen.

There. Believe what you want.

I crossed out the lies for you. No need to thank me :B

The Wii is allergic to the Internet the same way MS and Sony are allergic to profit.

/pats self on back for managing to berate all three companies in one brief sentence.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

I do agree that the Wii is hogging some of the spotlight as it doesn't exactly deserve it. I own a Wii and a PS3 and I use my PS3 95% of the time where as the other 5% is devoted to gaming on the Wii. I only play my Wii when my friends are around but since all of my friends have a PS3 now, my purchase of the Wii is in question. There is no denying, at least for me, that Nintendo has passed the torch onto the "Casual" demographic and is looking at the hardcore fan base as the minute percentage for there development. It's nearly the same for my PSP and DS. I use my PSP nearly 99-100% of the time and my DS collects dust. The longest gap between uses for my DS has been around 10 months. To comment on the nintendo makes games for kids, I believe that to be somewhat true. There development in the past was geared towards kids, and on a marketing standpoint "Mario" is a kid friendly character. Where as "Kratos" from God of War is geared towards teenagers and adults. The Wii is marketing to kids and 35+ year old adults. My parents use to sometimes join me in a game of bowling on WiiSports but they haven't played in a while. Just like me, the fun of the system is short lived.

Own: PSP, DS, Wii, PS3(20GB- Swapped w/500GB)

End of Year Sales Expectations for 2009 (Added December 23, 09):

Wii: 63 mil

PS3: 32 mil

Xbox360: 37 mil

Gears of War? More like TEARS of War!

OT: I'd say, this was a D+. Needs better content IMO.

Nice, now make an "i figured out why.." thread.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

rocketpig said:
The Wii is allergic to the Internet the same way MS and Sony are allergic to profit.

/pats self on back for managing to berate all three companies in one brief sentence.

LOOL best phrase ever! Can I quote you and use that phrase as my own phrase?

Like down there

|

|

|

V

Sarcasm?

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."