By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fable 2 crashed my 360 and now refuses to run

Got my copy of Fable 2 today from GAME, quickly loaded it up and downloaded the patch. 2 hours into playing it and BAM! the game ground to a hault and crashed just as I was unlocking an achievement.

Now whenever I try to continue my game or even start a new game the game freezes on the title screen.

I even cleared the cache on my 360 and re-downloaded the patch but no joy.

So, now Fable 2 is unplayable for me.

I am largely platform agnostic. I fail to understand why some people get overly fanboyish about what is an inanimate piece of electronics that's obsolete even before it's launched, when there are far more important things to champion, such as preventing environmental destruction or preventing millions of people dying unnecessarily from illnesses. This fact however, doesn’t mean I am not someone who doesn’t enjoy gaming as a pastime (as I have done for the last 20 years) or doesn’t have a strong interest in how the market is evolving – hence my presence on this site.

Platforms owned – PC, DS, X-Box 360, PS3, PSP and Wii.

Around the Network

fable 2 wont be crashing my 360 i can assure you of that.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Yeah there is apparently and issue with Fable 2. Most people only have trouble with Fable 2 and not other games. I wonder if its a disc pressing issue?

i cant beleive a game would do that!

you still got warranty?

I'm reading on forums about people saying to return the disk. I bought mine via GAME online, so am now wondering if I can return it to a shop and swap the disk?

I must say that my 360 likes scratching disks and has red-ringed once already (and been repaired). I'm slowly loosing faith in the platform, as my 360 has so far muched through 3 Oblivion disks, 2 Mass Effect disks and may now require a new Fable 2 disk - and all this on a console that doesn't get moved or knocked when it's swtiched on.

I like my RPG's and am now Fable 2 less. I'm upset by that :'(

I am largely platform agnostic. I fail to understand why some people get overly fanboyish about what is an inanimate piece of electronics that's obsolete even before it's launched, when there are far more important things to champion, such as preventing environmental destruction or preventing millions of people dying unnecessarily from illnesses. This fact however, doesn’t mean I am not someone who doesn’t enjoy gaming as a pastime (as I have done for the last 20 years) or doesn’t have a strong interest in how the market is evolving – hence my presence on this site.

Around the Network

Did you check to see if the disc was dirty or scratched?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

No problems at all. Runs perfect

Press_the_Button said:
I'm reading on forums about people saying to return the disk. I bought mine via GAME online, so am now wondering if I can return it to a shop and swap the disk?

I must say that my 360 likes scratching disks and has red-ringed once already (and been repaired). I'm slowly loosing faith in the platform, as my 360 has so far muched through 3 Oblivion disks, 2 Mass Effect disks and may now require a new Fable 2 disk - and all this on a console that doesn't get moved or knocked when it's swtiched on.

I like my RPG's and am now Fable 2 less. I'm upset by that :'(

Rent it and swap.

Blockbusted doesn't mark their disks anymore after they were damaging PS2s back in the day with a label.

Also, all US Fable games have the same serial...so its technically the same game. they can't find out you swapped it.

However, if the disk isn't scratched, i don't see how it could be the disk.

Seems my disk has somehow got scratched. 3 or 4

perhaps you are having an issue with the save data or the patch.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur