By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft Q1 2009 earnings report today (2:30PM PST)

that is good I guess

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Is taht in line with VGchartz' numbers. 2.2 MILLION sounds good.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Great job MS, and even with the price cut, MS Entertainment division makes a profit of 178mil....simply amazing. That should get some panties in a bunch....hmmmmm!

Its actually pretty good as the profit is up roughly 7%, despite the price cuts and the halo3 release in the quarter last year.

Nice!

$183m in profit despite price drop
2.2m consoles shipped in previous quarter.

What did Microsoft ship in the same quarter in 2007? I want to say it was around 1.5m, but I don't know?

Major increase for Microsoft, since Q1 has always been their worst for shipping consoles - The same quarter in 2006 only saw 900,000 units shipped.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
Nice!

What did Microsoft ship in the same quarter in 2007? I want to say it was around 1.5m, but I don't know?

Major increase for Microsoft, since Q1 has always been their worst for shipping consoles - The same quarter in 2006 only saw 900,000 units shipped.

They had a much better shipment numbers last year 3rd quater. HALO 3 i believe was the reason.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
mrstickball said:
Nice!

1.8m

Profit despite price cuts. Nice!

So the difference between consoles shipped and sold was around 1.3 million. If same is true for PS3 then Sony shipped around 2.6 million consoles last Q.

shanbcn said:
So the difference between consoles shipped and sold was around 1.3 million. If same is true for PS3 then Sony shipped around 2.6 million consoles last Q.

Not only is your number incorrect but you can't make a comparison estimate like that based on such data.