By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Kantor said:
Grooski said:

No Fable 2 or FarCry 2?

No Golden Axe: Beast Riders???

Come on!!!!

If you were joking, lol.

If not, they don't have enough critical acclaim. All I have to judge Fallout 3 is the OXM 10/10 and the PSM3 90%, all I have to judge Gears 2 is Gears 1.

Bet you the GOTY wont be a 10/10 game.

You don't think MGS4/GTA4 have any chance of winning?

Look at it this way:

2006- 360 exclusive

2007- Wii exclusive

2008- PS3 exclusive?

It makes sense, right? and no PS3 exclusive has received better critical acclaim from Gamespot and IGN than MGS4.

I know somebody's going to disagree with me there, so:

MGS4

Gamespot: 10

IGN: 10, 9.9, 9.5

LBP

Gamespot: 9

IGN: 9.7, 9.5, 9.2

I suppose Res 2 has a tiny chance. But face it, the number one contender here is MGS4. And on looking back, I notice that GTA3 was gamespot game of the year 2001.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Kantor said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Kantor said:
Grooski said:

No Fable 2 or FarCry 2?

No Golden Axe: Beast Riders???

Come on!!!!

If you were joking, lol.

If not, they don't have enough critical acclaim. All I have to judge Fallout 3 is the OXM 10/10 and the PSM3 90%, all I have to judge Gears 2 is Gears 1.

Bet you the GOTY wont be a 10/10 game.

You don't think MGS4/GTA4 have any chance of winning?

Look at it this way:

2006- 360 exclusive

2007- Wii exclusive

2008- PS3 exclusive?

It makes sense, right? and no PS3 exclusive has received better critical acclaim from Gamespot and IGN than MGS4.

I know somebody's going to disagree with me there, so:

MGS4

Gamespot: 10

IGN: 10, 9.9, 9.5

LBP

Gamespot: 9

IGN: 9.7, 9.5, 9.2

I suppose Res 2 has a tiny chance. But face it, the number one contender here is MGS4. And on looking back, I notice that GTA3 was gamespot game of the year 2001.

Gears 2 will for sure beat out Resistance 2, and LBP will be outsold by Fable 2 by a good emount. MGS4 had a good chance for GOTY when it came out, but it has alot of great games to go up against.

I think Little Big Planet will trump MGS4 for PS3 GOTY personally. LBP is by far the most innovative game between the too.

Gears 2 will probably be 360 GOTY, although given the strong scores Fable II has better chance at it than I thought.

I have no clue as to what the Wii nor PC game of the year will be. The Wii could go with a "core" title like SSBB or a casual title like Wii Fit. The PC has several games that be in the running although since its being released late in the year Fallout 3 probably does have an edge.

No mention of Wii Music? Shame on you all.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

fable 2 !even if not in your list (why?)

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
I think Little Big Planet will trump MGS4 for PS3 GOTY personally. LBP is by far the most innovative game between the too.

Gears 2 will probably be 360 GOTY, although given the strong scores Fable II has better chance at it than I thought.

I have no clue as to what the Wii nor PC game of the year will be. The Wii could go with a "core" title like SSBB or a casual title like Wii Fit. The PC has several games that be in the running although since its being released late in the year Fallout 3 probably does have an edge.

Lol 89 metascore, 8.8 on IGN and 8.5 on Gamespot = strong scores?

Gears 2 is pretty much confirmed 360 GoTY.

And regardles of innovation, LBP will not win because it doesn't have the MAINSTREAM  (Gamespot and IGN) critical acclaim of MGS4 (10,10,9.9,9.5) vs. (9,9.5,9.7,9.2). 

Wii is quite clearly Brawl

PC... well, I'm not sure. Don't really follow PC gaming.

Just out of interest, whose game of the year are we measuring this by? IGN?

Wii should be Mario Kart
360 will probably GeoW2
PS3 hopefully LBP

Overall I don't care, I hope LBP for its originality. I hope GTA won't be it to show the hypocrisy in reviewing and not MGS4 for being too cinematic. I definitely don't see any Wii game that deserves it.

BengaBenga said:

Wii should be Mario Kart
360 will probably GeoW2
PS3 hopefully LBP

Overall I don't care, I hope LBP for its originality. I hope GTA won't be it to show the hypocrisy in reviewing and not MGS4 for being too cinematic. I definitely don't see any Wii game that deserves it.

Lol Mario Kart is not beating Brawl. The review scores are not good enough.

Nothing can really compete with Gears 2 for 360

Originality =/= game of the year material. It's innovative. It's brilliant. But it's not MGS4.

I would really be quite disappointed if LBP won game of the year. Innovation gets old a lot faster than quality gameplay and a hollywood worthy (not really saying much but still) story.

Does anyone think SPORE is in with a chance?
I haven't much kept up with the reviews i'll admit, but it was touted as the best thing since sliced bread at one time

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

spore sucks.