By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony has the strongest Lineup this holiday season

Paul_Warren said:

"Alan wake"

Yawn...piece of terminally delayed shovel-ware. It's been so embarrasing to them that MS won't even discuss it at a major conference. It might be better than the Max Payne movie, but then again that only has a Metacritic score of 30.

Halo wars --

Big failure. Probably about an 85 at best. But Starcraft II is the next big rts game once it comes out no one will remember that Halo Wars exists. Talk about a game with slowdown problems.

"Huxley"
It will be much better on the PC.

"APB (All Points Bulliten)"
It is no DC Universe or Alpha Protocol.

"The protector"
Who?

"RACE pro"
What?

"Halo 3 RECON"
This one is certainly destined to be the lowest-rated Bungie Halo game.

Velvet assasssin
Could be an 85

"The precursors"
What?

"Dead island"
????

"Forza 3"
It's also coming to the PS3. And a better racer Gran Turismo 5 is coming exclusively to the PS3.

"Splinter cell: Conviction"
Old.

Their list might be have a little bit of interest if itf it had Voodoo Vince 2 or something.

Now, let's take a look at the PS3's lineup:

White Knight Chronicles
Ratchet and Clank Future II
Uncharted 2
Jak and Daxter: The Lost Territories
InFamous
Team ICO Project

(That would be enough right there. Exclusive games by Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Sucker Punch, and Team ICO. What do the developers of APB, The Predecessors, and RACE: Pro have on their resumes that could ever begin to compare to what these four studios have done? The four Sony developers have several 9.5 and higher IGN rated games between them for their part.)

Final Fantasy XIII (exclusive to the PS3 in Japan -- best verision will be the blu-ray one which won't be compressed to fit on dvds. The 2 million sales that it generates for the PS3 in Japan will lead to yet another Sony rpg boom)
Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PS3 exclusive)
Hideo Kojima's Next Project (exclusive to PS3)
Kingdom Hearts III
Kenshan!
Yakuza 3
God of War III
Killzone 2
Gran Tursimo 5.
Heavy Rain
Eternal Darkness 2

The vast majority of these games are all by proven developers that had at least one or more PS2 games that achieved 9+ review scores (and in the case of Naughty Dog and Insomniac they have already had 9 to 10 rated games in this gen). Unlike some of these games like The Protector, Dead Island (What is someone supposed to impressed by yet another zombie game? RE5 will more than adequately fill that role and after that no one will need another zombie game until the next gen).

Stop trolling the PS3.

Tease.

Around the Network
Paul_Warren said:

"Alan wake"

Yawn...piece of terminally delayed shovel-ware. It's been so embarrasing to them that MS won't even discuss it at a major conference. It might be better than the Max Payne movie, but then again that only has a Metacritic score of 30.

I doubt it and in any case of what we've seen so far it will be the best survival horror this gen... so in even if it happens to be mediocre it'll still be the best in its category...

Halo wars --

Big failure. Probably about an 85 at best. But Starcraft II is the next big rts game once it comes out no one will remember that Halo Wars exists. Talk about a game with slowdown problems.

Here same thing... so far no rts has been remotly suited for console... this one will be the first one.... question will starcraft come on console too ??

"Huxley"

didn't we made it clear that we are talking about consoles only ??? in that case same answer than before...

do you have any info on that game to sustain that... I mean we barely know what it is all about....

"The protector"
Who?

"RACE pro"
What?

"Halo 3 RECON"

Hmmm maybe, but anyway a low rated game from bungie has still good chances to be way better than most games out there....

Velvet assasssin
Could be an 85

"The precursors"
What?

"Dead island"
????

"Forza 3"
It's also coming to the PS3. And a better racer Gran Turismo 5 is coming exclusively to the PS3.

You probably never drove sports cars on a race track or had the chance to live near germany and drive with no speed limitation.... GT never had anything on forza as a racer simulation... graphicwise yeah no question asked... but that's not what I look for as the main buying argument when I look for a simulation

Old.

Their list might be have a little bit of interest if itf it had Voodoo Vince 2 or something.

White Knight Chronicles
Uncharted 2
InFamous
Team ICO Project

(That would be enough right there. Exclusive games by Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Sucker Punch, and Team ICO. What do the developers of APB, The Predecessors, and RACE: Pro have on their resumes that could ever begin to compare to what these four studios have done? The four Sony developers have several 9.5 and higher IGN rated games between them for their part.)

Final Fantasy XIII (exclusive to the PS3 in Japan -- best verision will be the blu-ray one which won't be compressed to fit on dvds. The 2 million sales that it generates for the PS3 in Japan will lead to yet another Sony rpg boom)
Kingdom Hearts III
Kenshan!
Yakuza 3
God of War III
Killzone 2
Gran Tursimo 5.
Heavy Rain
Eternal Darkness 2

The vast majority of these games are all by proven developers that had at least one or more PS2 games that achieved 9+ review scores (and in the case of Naughty Dog and Insomniac they have already had 9 to 10 rated games in this gen). Unlike some of these games like The Protector, Dead Island (What is someone supposed to impressed by yet another zombie game? RE5 will more than adequately fill that role and after that no one will need another zombie game until the next gen).

finaly someone giving some arguments here.... weather you like it or not... this is more concistant than what anyone else here argued on so far....

Paul warren just made some good points,

Heres the lineup in my mind

Xbox 360

Banjo Kazooie XBL
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
Tales of Vesperia
Fable 2
Castle Crashers
Geometry Wars 2
Viva Pinata 2: Trouble in Paradise

Wii
Little King's Story
Tales Of Symphonia 2: Dawn of the new World
Wario Land: Shake it
Animal Crossing: City Folk

PS3
Little Big Planet
Disgaea 3
Valkryia Chronicles
Fat Princess

This fall, 360 has the best lineup by far, PS3 doesn't have a whole slew of games, but it has huge heavy hitters (LBP is my most anticipated game since... well Brawl, but beyond that my most anticipated game since Super Mario Sunshine). Wii has crap imo beyond ToS and LKS

So are we talking about which lineup will make the hardcore users on this forum cream themselves the most or are we talking about the lineup which will impact the sales the most?

Tease.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Remove the games with PC versions and the lists become a whole lot more meaningful to people like myself.

It also becomes more meaningful to Sony fanboys. From what I understand, the arguemnt isn't who has the strongest library of exclusive games, judging from the topic, it's which console has a better lineup this christmas, PS3 or 360. L4D gives the 360 a major edge. Don't act like you don't realize that. Saying "L4D is on the PC" is a way for PS3 fans to marginalize the game, in an attempt to make their library look comparitively better, and it's silly.

Um... I just said it makes the list more meaningful to people like myself which it does.

If it's on the PC, that's where I'd rather buy it (for obvious reasons). 

Whatever is left is effectively that console's "holiday lineup" to me.

Yes, but it might be the holiday lineup for you, but it's the holiday lineup for the console itself. Should we leave games you might not be purchasing off our lists? You implied as much.

Not that you meant it, but "lets pretend like certain games don't exist because of XXX opinion" sounds like a fanboy argument to me.

Umm... reread that sentence you quoted above.  Where am I implying that?  I used the phrase "to people like myself" for a reason.

Also, are you actually calling me a fanboy? O.o

Paul_Warren said:

"Alan wake"

I'm guessing most of sony's first party titles that were FINALLY RELEASED THIS YEAR were shovelware also? Hopfully it just won't turn out like SOCOM did...
Halo wars --

You consider an 85 a failure? must just have high standards... Or maybe you are biased, considering one of the *best* ps3 games, RFoM has a 86 average... Warhawk even has an 84......

"Huxley"

You must have inside information or something.

You don't even know what DC universe and alpha protocol are... Especially alpha protocol, since you are comparing an mmo (huxley) against an action rpg (alpha) so yeah...

"The protector"
Who?

I agree. What?

"RACE pro"
What?

I agree. What?

"Halo 3 RECON"
Jeez, you must work for MS since you know so much about their upcoming line-up.
Velvet assasssin
Could be an 85
Delayed lol
"The precursors"
What?

You'll find out later, looks cool, although generic from the limited screens that i've seen.

"Dead island"
????

I concur

"Forza 3"
You can't be serious.

Old.

You know wine ages as well.

If a new banjo game can't fill this role.... nothing can.

White Knight Chronicles
Uncharted 2
InFamous
Team ICO Project

(That would be enough right there.  Exclusive games by Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Sucker Punch, and Team ICO.  What do the developers of APB, The Predecessors, and RACE:  Pro have on their resumes that could ever begin to compare to what these four studios have done?  The four Sony developers have several 9.5 and higher IGN rated games between them for their part.)

Final Fantasy XIII (exclusive to the PS3 in Japan -- best verision will be the blu-ray one which won't be compressed to fit on dvds.  The 2 million sales that it generates for the PS3 in Japan will lead to yet another Sony rpg boom)
Hideo Kojima's Next Project (exclusive to PS3)- things can change quite drastically... within
Kingdom Hearts III
Kenshan!
Yakuza 3
God of War III
Killzone 2
Gran Tursimo 5.
Heavy Rain
Eternal Darkness 2

Now it's my turn!

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Paul_Warren said:

"Alan wake"

Halo wars --

"Huxley"

"The protector"
Who?

"RACE pro"
What?

"Halo 3 RECON"

Velvet assasssin
Could be an 85

"The precursors"
What?

"Dead island"
????

"Forza 3"

Old.

White Knight Chronicles
Uncharted 2
InFamous
Team ICO Project

(That would be enough right there.  Exclusive games by Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Sucker Punch, and Team ICO.  What do the developers of APB, The Predecessors, and RACE:  Pro have on their resumes that could ever begin to compare to what these four studios have done?  The four Sony developers have several 9.5 and higher IGN rated games between them for their part.)

Final Fantasy XIII (exclusive to the PS3 in Japan -- best verision will be the blu-ray one which won't be compressed to fit on dvds.  The 2 million sales that it generates for the PS3 in Japan will lead to yet another Sony rpg boom)
Kingdom Hearts III
Kenshan!
Yakuza 3
God of War III
Killzone 2
Gran Tursimo 5.
Heavy Rain
Eternal Darkness 2

Attention All:

Before any of you waste your time reading this(which I didn't, that's for sure):

This guy said that the PS3 would outsell the Wii, and he said it YESTERDAY.

He also said that Fable 2 sucked because it had an 89 instead of a 90 on metacritic....then Fable 2 moved up to a 90 on metacritic, and he hasn't replied since.

He also says that the PS3 version of Fallout 3 has a better framerate and looks better, and PSM are just biased against the playstation 3.

This is all true, fellas. He really believes this. Don't waste your time talking to this guy. He's a troll. A really ignorant one.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

@Zen -- actually Fable 2 is an 89.729. And for a game that many were touting as the greatest rpg of all time. I find that both to be a failure to those expectations and quite what I would expect from the game. Why? Because that score makes it obvious that Fable 2 is no where near the greatest rpg of all time. It's still way behind almost every major Final Fantasy ever made and at best one can say it is only approaching Grandia quality yet probably still far behind the recent Personas on the PS2.

I said the PS3 will pass the Wii by Holiday 2010, and I'm sticking with the statement. People are wising up to the shortcomings of the Wii -- Wii Music and its dismal sales are proof enough of that.

"He also says that the PS3 version of Fallout 3 has a better framerate and looks better, and PSM are just biased against the playstation 3."

I didn't say that PSM was biased. I said Fallout 3 looks better on PS3 as anyone that watched both the Fallout 3 videos from E3 could plainly see. The PS3 version looks more natural, realistic while the 360 version seems to have a very monochromatic / faded green tinge to its visuals...probably in the same way that Gears of Wars seems to be predominately black and white in color and not in a way that makes me think the game was entirely designed that way but in a way that would suggest that the 360 has trouble at times in handling very colorful graphics in intense situations.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

Paul_Warren said:

@Zen -- actually Fable 2 is an 89.729.

!!!!

In defending yourself, with that last post, you caused more damage to your credibility than I ever could.

"You just impled that since Fable 2 was .27 points out of 100 below 90, that is sucked, instead of "was great."

You said yesterday it was "not that great."

Do you realize how ignorant it is classifying those games on such small differences in aggregate review scores?

Also, the fact that you brought up Fallout 3 ON MY WALL without any goading to brag about how it was much better on the PS3, and how it was much better than Fable 2, only to be proven wrong, on at least one point, just shows your rose colored glasses on the subject.

...how old are you?

I'm embarassed to be discussing anything with you, but it's not because of your age.

Let me know when the PS3 outsells the Wii, bro, okay?

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.