By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSM says Fallout 3 better on PC/360 than PS#...ouch!

leo-j said:
@Montana

WHy would it be expected? Oblivion when released on the PS3 was superior on the PS3 than on the 360?

Why would fallout be worst?

Do you remember the awful framrate of The Orange Box PS3 version ?

Around the Network

This game is a joke to begin with anyway. After seeing the game I could not see anyone thinking it was a worth while title. Then add in the fact that Bethesda has pretty much been releasing games just to make money off PS3, and you can see why this version sucks. I do give them a little more credit than Valve becuase, at least they are smart enough to give a piece of crap to a 16M strong user base.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

segajon said:
leo-j said:
@Montana

WHy would it be expected? Oblivion when released on the PS3 was superior on the PS3 than on the 360?

Well you guys can blame EA for that who's trying to make it up with Mirror's Edge. 

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

I'm surprised the game engine varied that much from Oblivion for it to make such a difference.

Assuming it's true, I suppose that's one less game to consider buying for the PS3, which means I'll end up buying it for the PC if/when I feel like playing it.

Achievements aren't enough of a reason to buy this for the 360. Not after Mass Effect and seeing the differences between Bioshock and Orange Box on the 360 and the PC version on a decent build.

Been leaning towards the PC version of all non-platform specific games lately.

Sometimes these threads feel like one really bad boat ride.....back and forth, back and forth. Just make everything lead platform on PS3 so we dont have to read this anymore, the more gamers, the better.

Oh, and with the upcoming full installs option on the 360, do we think this will improve the game play and frame rate issue talk, constantly presented in these threads due to lack of installs.....hmmm, I think so....XD.

Around the Network

wait wait.... So PSM say something negative about PS3, fanboys take it as the "bible". but when they say something postive about PS3, it's all about "biased"?

TAKE YOUR BLOODY SIDE, who they hell are you? John Kerry? Make up your mind if PSM is a credible reviewer or not. Geez

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
segajon said:
leo-j said:
@Montana

Honestly there is no awful framerate in THE ORANGE BOX ps3.. I have THE ORANGE BOX, the framerate is very smooth.

mM
leo-j said:
@Montana

I think they had extra development time for the PS3, like a year extra, and it barely looked better. :P

360 version now has exclusive DLC and undeniably looks better.

Everytime a 360 game looks worse, you blame it on 360 hardware reaching its limit. Everytime the PS3 version looks worse you blame the developers. Isn't that correct?

Either way, the 360 version is clearly the version to purchase here:

A. Custom Soundtracks

B. Achievements(trophies aren't an equal replacement until they become requesite)

C. Exclusive DLC

D. Better graphics

E. Less pop-ins and glitches

No wonder PSM gave it a 9/10 and OXM gave it a 10/10. Sounds like they both got it right.

Not a deal breaker for the PS3 version, but mutliplatform owners might wanna choose the 360 version.

Note: I realize this post has certain flaws in logic, and I've be very willing to discuss them, if you would like to bring them up. Namely the disadvantages of the PS3 version being worth a whole point, but I was just pointing out the difference in the scores and their possible cause.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

kingofwale said:
wait wait.... So PSM say something negative about PS3, fanboys take it as the "bible". but when they say something postive about PS3, it's all about "biased"?

TAKE YOUR BLOODY SIDE, who they hell are you? John Kerry? Make up your mind if PSM is a credible reviewer or not. Geez

Check the motostorm review thread when I said that the Motostorm review proved that the PSM wasn't biased. I've always stuck up for OXM as well.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

In ref to Orange Box, most are saying comparatively speaking to the 360 version, which itself is inferior to the PC version, assuming a decent build.

The reality is that most (myself included) with an opinion regarding the port and its technical issues, HAVEN'T EVEN PLAYED IT.

That being said, I'm not about to buy a copy of the PS3 version when I already have the slightly smoother 360 version and acknowledge that the PC version looks much sharper in addition to running much smoother on my PC. Same for Bioshock.

At least the 360 version gave me a bunch of gamer points whatever the hell that's supposed to be worth.