By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation controllers are faulty

Dude, don't assume that your bad luck is the general trend. Saying PS controllers are faulty en masse, is quite frankly, bullshit. PS controllers are some of the best ever made and I have some from each PS console (1,2,3) that STILL work.

Around the Network

I've only had problems with my ps2 controllers stop working. That's just because they were old. The problems your are experiencing seem to be caused by normal wear and tear. The controllers are meant to be fully functional for a long time when used by the average gamer. You, or anyone else on the this website, are certainly not the average gamers.

Ive only ever broken 1 playstation controller so i dont know what kind of problems u are running into

My Top 5 Games of All Time

1. FF7 4. SSX Tricky

2. FE7 5. RE4

3. MGS4

VALENCIA CF

SACRAMENTO KINGS

Eh, controller issues happen to lots of people. Could just be a bad luck streak, man. I had two Xbox controllers break in the wires (my fault for rolling them up too tight) but all my N64 controllers work like a charm.

I threw my 360 controller full pelt at my living room wall in an arguement with my fiance nearly a year ago. Rechargeable battery pack came flying out. The right trigger caseing was all bent in. Guess what, it actually works fine with no issues. I actually couldnt belive it. I thought it would have shattered the way I threw it. It's a bit deformed but actually works no problems. LOL.

Around the Network

I have only ever had minor problems with my ds2s, which was the analogue stick got a little slippy, but aside from the slight design flaws with my PS3 controllers, I have had no issues

I have the exact same problem.

I've backoff from playing COD4 because it will fuck up my analog sticks (you gotta press them down while running) :/

It already lost on sixaxis because of this.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

:/ i don't what you guys do to your controllers.

My PS1 controller works fine.
My Duel Shock 1 controller works fine
My Duel Shock 2 controller works fine.
My 3x Sixaxis controllers work fine.
My Duel Shock 3 controller works fine.

DS1>DS2 weights more and is more durable I don't have a PS3 so I don't know about the DS3.

Aprisaiden said:
:/ i don't what you guys do to your controllers.

My PS1 controller works fine.
My Duel Shock 1 controller works fine
My Duel Shock 2 controller works fine.
My 3x Sixaxis controllers work fine.
My Duel Shock 3 controller works fine.

They play games with them.