By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The official NTDOY/Nintendo discussion thread

I get nervous every time this thread is bumped now. :)

Around the Network

I get nervious every time GB speaks.

The urge to play is a terrible thing to waste.

Shorts ate their shorts tonight!

I finally got my act together, opened up a trading account with 5 grand and will start trading tomorrow. If it didnt take me so long i would have bought the day they were down to 55. think its too late to buy in? i wanted in that 56 low right before mk and ssbm in which case i woulda mado some doe. ds and wii are still flying faster then they can be made but nintendo makes no money off consoles. but on the other hand rock band is coming out in may and roumors of a nintendo ds/gameboy cell phone some time this year nintendo should make dough off that.

Been spending 2 hours per day researching the market and pics for 08 and this is what im looking into

conservative pics

mcdicks, best buy, apple, mac, EA, cisco

risky pics:

circuit city, e*trade, AETE - The Alternative Energy Technology Center, STHG - Steadfast Holdings Group Inc 

also sony, and microssoft, what do you guys think? pm me with any tips

I think there is some risk at buying at these levels. It's too difficult to predict the short term. Nintendo could blow out earnings and still go down. I've given up trying to figure out the Japanese investor.

Around the Network

i dont get how stocks are not sky rocketing with record breaking sales... they cant make them fast enough. i still say they will go up due to previous console sales. they dont make money off consoles. they make money off games. and now that so many consoles have been soled, game sales should go up making stock sales go up. Im thinking if i buy now and hold out till after christmas il get a ten - twenty percent return. you guys agree?

donkeykong128 said:
i dont get how stocks are not sky rocketing with record breaking sales... they cant make them fast enough. i still say they will go up due to previous console sales. they dont make money off consoles. they make money off games. and now that so many consoles have been soled, game sales should go up making stock sales go up. Im thinking if i buy now and hold out till after christmas il get a ten - twenty percent return. you guys agree?

In general the stock market goes up about 8% per year, but since several of your stocks are high risk successful companies like Apple and Nintendo you have a better chance of hitting 10-20% returns per year. Remember that between now and Christmas is only 8 months, so expect more like 7-14% returns. 

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

Ok im spending a redicilous amount of time researching and have found that ntdoy stocks have gone up this week through the end of april for the last 4 years. dunno if its a significant fact, but it is a fact.

another fact - video game sales dont get hit hard if theres a depression

fact - video game sales in general are going up. im thinking nintendo sony microsoft and best buy all link together and are all conservative but i still want some of my money in risky stocks any ideas??

donkeykong128 said:
i dont get how stocks are not sky rocketing with record breaking sales... they cant make them fast enough. i still say they will go up due to previous console sales. they dont make money off consoles. they make money off games. and now that so many consoles have been soled, game sales should go up making stock sales go up. Im thinking if i buy now and hold out till after christmas il get a ten - twenty percent return. you guys agree?

it's not about sales numbers, it's about EXPECTATION of sales, and how they match up with actual sales numbers.  the market has already priced in growth in nintendo sales, so the stock wouldn't go up very much if sales do indeed turn out thatway.   so, in other words, to make market-beating returns, you need to find stocks where your expectation is more accurate than the market's expectation.  that was indeed the case a year or two ago when people were slow to realize the success of the wii.

comments like:

"ntdoy stocks have gone up this week through the end of april for the last 4 years"

to me sounds like data-snooping.  basically data-snooping means "if you spend enough time looking for a pattern you will find it", but it may not have any significance. 

the Wii is an epidemic.