By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The official NTDOY/Nintendo discussion thread

Seriously. You'd think I'd stop being surprised by these seemingly random market fluctuations. Down 7% in one day wtf happened?

Around the Network

The Japanese market is killing me. Why does Japan allow their market to collapse so easily. I know they build paper houses, but do they build their market out of paper too? You think they would have made reforms after 2004.

don't know about the japanese market very much... but p/e compression seems to be on the way.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Here's a pretty interesting article. I wonder if this will impact the game market in Japan.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aC3DeqTekwCo&refer=home 

Japanese household sentiment slid in December to the lowest level since June 2003 as wages fell at the fastest pace in three years and food and gasoline prices surged. Hiring, which has been supporting consumer spending in the absence of pay growth, is showing signs of slowing. Applicants outnumbered job offers for the second straight month in December.

well, hopefully nintendo keeps making consumers shell out their wallets! i think they have the ability to do that.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network

The only things that can reverse the trend Nintendo has entered is are 1) whomever is selling closes their position, or 2) April is a great earnings report AND Nintendo announces they intend to meet demand for their products.
Until one of those happen, we are just going to see more p-a-i-n.
Has anyone liiked at the earnings per employee for Nintendo? http://ascii.jp/elem/000/000/028/28281/
I will let you run the link through a translator, and that is for April of last year. Gives a very nice comparison to other industry leaders.

The urge to play is a terrible thing to waste.

has nintendo stock continued rising? I heard it's starting to drop?

wiiforever said:
has nintendo stock continued rising? I heard it's starting to drop?

Oh, I wouldn't say it is dropping, just a plunge to where it was 7 months ago. Pay no attention to the blood in the streets.

The urge to play is a terrible thing to waste.

If the stock price is low. I hope Ntdoy can pay me some big dividends. If they do make as much money as they claimed, they should be able to pay some big cash dividends.

I'll not complain about the stock price at all if Nintendo can pay me USD 2 for everyshare of NTDOY I own. Mcdonald pays me USD 1.5 per share and it is about same price as NTDOY. Can I expect more from Wii than Hamburg and Fries?

i think the price a somewhat low... but i think i'm gonna get out the next time it hits around $90... which is something like $100 billion market cap. $5 billion profits a year seem pretty much the ceiling for nintendo... unless they prove otherwise.

pretty not gonna need to worry about $90 for a while anyway. i just hope i don't sell like the day before they announce a big cash dividend.

the Wii is an epidemic.