By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The official NTDOY/Nintendo discussion thread

Yeah, compared to most of the other big video game companies, Nintendo's PE isn't high. Of course most of the big video game companies aren't tremendously profitable either.

Anyone notice that Sony has been taking a pummeling lately while Nintendo has risen significantly? I think earnings will be very telling next week.

Around the Network

Looks like we are finally seeing some profit taking. Now if only it could drop another 10%, I can buy back in before earnings!

FishyJoe said:
Looks like we are finally seeing some profit taking. Now if only it could drop another 10%, I can buy back in before earnings!

Anything might happen with this stock. Volume was not high with the run-up. Most money seems to be waiting ... Maybe for a pullback like you are, or earnings.

The urge to play is a terrible thing to waste.

Volume was pretty high during the runup. Were you looking at the TSE or OSE? The TSE is not the place to look for volume, since most shares are traded on the OSE.

FishyJoe said:
Volume was pretty high during the runup. Were you looking at the TSE or OSE? The TSE is not the place to look for volume, since most shares are traded on the OSE.

I see you are right. I must have been looking at one of the ADR. The on bablance volume is even more impressive. Whoo hoo! Nintendo!

Around the Network

May have been an upgrade and downgrade, based on google translate:
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20071017-00000030-fis-biz
Plummet. There is an increasing feeling of overheating in the overall market sharply lower on profit-taking ahead also joined a shapely. But analysts still move is followed by an increased investment evaluation, and today Lehman is "underweight" from "overweight", target stock to 21000 yen to 77000 yen and the in addition, HSBC also "overweight" spliced maintained in the target stock price to increase to 68500 yen to 85000 yen.

It looks my timing was a bit off on the market pullback. My instincts were right, I just wish I could have timed it better.

Nintendo will be up big in six months, maybe as big as the last six months. It is a lot more fun to hit a bottom and ride up, but in the long run, regular buying will achieve the same goal. The DS Zelda game that just came out looks fun, and so does the Wii DDR add on. As long as Nintendo is rolling out products that look good, hold and profit.

7974 at 63000 yen. Wow, it is "LOW". Two weeks ago, I was like " 63000, wow, it is high."

No worries Sky Walkar!   Its a one man race to 500 a share!