By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The official NTDOY/Nintendo discussion thread

maybe it'll pull a Amazon... go up 10% and then promptly go back down 10% after earnings release.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network

I doubt that Nintendo will pull an amazon. The SEC has not made the TSE into a level playing field and the stocks on the TSE always respond to an earnings release a few days, if not a few weeks, before the general public gets the info (on the release date). Nintendo pulled off the impossible with the Wii (from a distant 3rd place, to out in front by a million miles), and the pros are just starting to adjust.

The urge to play is a terrible thing to waste.

Yeah, Nintendo's PE is still quite low for a company with such high growth. Amazon's PE is ridiculous compared to Nintendo.

Not quite 80 yet, but $77 ain't bad. With the good news from MS, hopefully that will lift the market and take Nintendo along with it.

unrelated to Nintendo, but look at how my stocks fluctuated today:

-17.81%
-10.54%
+16.47%

with my holding in the +16.47% a little less than the sum of the other 2 holdings.

so at the end of the day, my holdings went up 0.05% today.

i don't think i'll see that ever again in my lifetime--huge individual fluctuation that just so happen to almost exactly cancel each other out.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network

Did you have Amazon?

no Amazon. the -17.8% company said it needs to restate past quarter earnings.

the -10.54% to some extent i'm asking for it, since it deals with real estate.

the good thing is that i tend not to balance my portfolio very often, so if more pleasant surprises come along for the +16.47% company things will keep looking up.

the joys of small-cap investing!

and yes, Nintendo is the only big company (market cap > $10 bln) in the stocks i own.

the Wii is an epidemic.

We have the meeting with the dividend announcement to look forward to and then the Fed does its thing with interest rates on the 31st. Then in November the holiday countdown starts and I hope Reggie floods NA with Wii consoles.

The urge to play is a terrible thing to waste.

Wow, we got a real pop off that China news I think. Up +3100 (+4.57%) tonight.

^^Was that Nintendo catching the Pirate Ship in China? or that they will bring the wii to china in 2008?